Great article by Steve Coogan on the Top Gear Mexican 'joke' controversy

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Coogans a nob, I know this for a FACT!

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Maybe, but at least he's funny, one of the best ever in my view and doesn't have to resort to desperate, lazy, offensive shit like that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hard to argue with that and I say that as a long standing Clarkson and Top Gear fan. It is certainly past it's sell by date but I'll keep on watching even if the enthusiasm has waned.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wonder if there will be an official apology tonight.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair though that series "The Trip" was very funny and saw him live at the Centre a few years back and he was brilliant.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are people being more offensive or are the public becoming more sensitive? We seem to have some sort of official complaint and hoardes of complainees every week.

I'm not even a little pc and have never felt the need to write in or phone up about anything I've seen or read but I cringed as I listened to that conversation last week.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Are people being more offensive or are the public becoming more sensitive? We seem to have some sort of official complaint and hoardes of complainees every week.

I think we just live in a Mary Whitehouse age again where people complain about things that dont affect them at all, or they hear second hand what someone said then complain about it....its all very bollocks!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've been fortunate enough to work with the likes of Peter Baynham, Armando Iannucci, Chris Morris, Simon Pegg, Julia Davis, Caroline Aherne, Ruth Jones, and the Mighty Boosh – some of the funniest and most innovative people in British comedy. And Rob Brydon too.

:laugh: Poor Rob.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Clarkson is Partridge. He's the kind of bloke who laughs at Alan saying 'Ramadama ding dong' because he thinks it's a chucklesome pun, rather than at the awkwardness of the situation.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Comedian in "its not funny scandal"....how tiresome...

Top Gear will loose viewers if people start to think it goes too far, as yet (i believe) that hasn't happened...

Bit like Comedy Steves joke in relation to the Australian Flood, poor joke (in my opinion) which quite a few found funny, Clarkson is the same, poor jokes, but quite a few find funny...freedom of speech anyone?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Comedian in "its not funny scandal"....how tiresome...

Top Gear will loose viewers if people start to think it goes too far, as yet (i believe) that hasn't happened...

Bit like Comedy Steves joke in relation to the Australian Flood, poor joke (in my opinion) which quite a few found funny, Clarkson is the same, poor jokes, but quite a few find funny...freedom of speech anyone?

I don't think freedom of speech is being questioned, but freedom of speech comes with responsibility, especially if you're in the public eye with the ears of millions listening on.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
If you're going to be a ****, at least be a funny one. Clarkson et al. are just cnuts.
Do they ever make jokes which are not at someone else's (normally a historically or socially disadvantaged minority group) expense? They just come across as a bunch of real-ale drinking, rugby club bullies.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
seems like Coogans just jumped on the "Slag off Top Gear" bandwagon to try and make himself look Above them, get off your high horse mate you'll get VERTIGO!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here