Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] grealish

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Out of interest, is this a genuine loophole that anyone can exploit? So let's say you had a crash under the influence of drink or drugs (obviously we do not know whether this is the case with Grealish), provided you leave details with someone at the scene, you can disappear until it's out of your system, and provided they can't prove you were under the influence, you've not committed an offence?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Out of interest, is this a genuine loophole that anyone can exploit? So let's say you had a crash under the influence of drink or drugs (obviously we do not know whether this is the case with Grealish), provided you leave details with someone at the scene, you can disappear until it's out of your system, and provided they can't prove you were under the influence, you've not committed an offence?

If you can afford the solicitor football players/managers use to get out of these (alleged) crimes, yes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I’d imagine you could be done for leaving the scene? Probably not as draconian as being done for drink driving at the scene. Seems legging it is the safest option :shrug:

Pure guesswork

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I’d imagine you could be done for leaving the scene? Probably not as draconian as being done for drink driving at the scene. Seems legging it is the safest option :shrug:

Pure guesswork

Others have stated above that if you leave your details, you're not "leaving the scene" in a legal sense.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You have to laugh at the indignation by some posters on this thread. As a human being he may well be a complete knob but as a footballer he would be more than welcome in the line up for us. Frank Worthington was a 'character' but can't recall anyone complaining when he signed for us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have to laugh at the indignation by some posters on this thread. As a human being he may well be a complete knob but as a footballer he would be more than welcome in the line up for us. Frank Worthington was a 'character' but can't recall anyone complaining when he signed for us.

I genuinely don’t want him anywhere near our team thanks. He’s a complete prick, in many ways. And that shin pad thing is just stupid. Superstition...what the ****.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Possibly, but he doesn't play for us and he's a dickhead.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I genuinely don’t want him anywhere near our team thanks. He’s a complete prick, in many ways. And that shin pad thing is just stupid. Superstition...what the ****.

In what other ways is he a complete prick ? Didn't cover himself in glory with this particular incident, but I don't recall him doing much else of note that would define him as an utter melt. Unless you're including a dodgy barnet and rolled down socks - which given his enormous talent, certainly wouldn't be enough to preclude him from my XI at BHA.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In what other ways is he a complete prick ? Didn't cover himself in glory with this particular incident, but I don't recall him doing much else of note that would define him as an utter melt. Unless you're including a dodgy barnet and rolled down socks - which given his enormous talent, certainly wouldn't be enough to preclude him from my XI at BHA.

“ Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish has been caught up in another nightclub storm after being captured on video enjoying an alcohol-fuelled night out in Manchester in the hours that followed the club’s 4-0 loss to Everton on Saturday night, before continuing the party at his Birmingham home on Sunday.”

Grealish was pictured earlier this year apparently passed out in the street on a holiday to Tenerife, for which he was reprimanded by the club.”

He has also been pictured next to a £1,000 bottle of vodka during a trip to Marbella, while the 20-year-old was snapped inhaling nitrous oxide – known as laughing gas or ‘hippy crack’ – from a balloon in a photograph taken in 2014.”

That’s three more incidents. Trouble follows him around like a bad smell. Then there’s his attitude on the pitch and his tiresome shin pads and socks routine. There was also that cup final where he wore boots which were falling apart. He’s a known head.

Can you imagine if he was added to the Brighton drinking club?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When he was 19-20 ? Raking up stuff from 6 years ago, doing stuff most lads do (the passed-out-in-Tenerife as a 19 y/o was in the summer, no big deal).

He is the ONLY reason Villa got promoted, and aren't already dead and buried this season. They are almost at CPFC2010-levels of one man team-ness. Would I have him in our midfield ? Cuffing right I would, he is one of the best no10's in the country.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When he was 19-20 ? Raking up stuff from 6 years ago, doing stuff most lads do (the passed-out-in-Tenerife as a 19 y/o was in the summer, no big deal).

He is the ONLY reason Villa got promoted, and aren't already dead and buried this season. They are almost at CPFC2010-levels of one man team-ness. Would I have him in our midfield ? Cuffing right I would, he is one of the best no10's in the country.

You asked me what else he’s done and I easily find at least 3 further and separate boozing incidents to add to his current misdemeanor..you did ask. But that’s fine, you’re entitled to your opinion. Thankfully he won’t be anywhere our first team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You asked me what else he’s done and I easily find at least 3 further and separate boozing incidents to add to his current misdemeanor..you did ask. But that’s fine, you’re entitled to your opinion. Thankfully he won’t be anywhere our first team.

Well, 3 incidents of a 19/20 year old having some alcohol (sorry, BOOZE FUELLED ROMPS), and the tabs doing the predictable "shock horror disgusting footballer" headlines. From what I can see, 2 out of those 3 weren't even during the season. And if being pictured next to a "£1,000 bottle of vodka" makes you a colossal prick then I think you might be getting a touch Daily Mail about all this.

He got them promoted, and he has since flourished in the Premier League, in a poor team, to the point where he should be a shoo-in for the England squad. You don't achieve that without a degree of professionalism and dedication, A couple of relatively minor incidents siezed upon by scumbag hacks 5-6 years ago certainly wouldn't be enough to put me off him, even if (off the pitch) he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

What he'd bring to our team (a MIDFIELDER who can - gulp - SCORE GOALS), far outweighs the odd indiscretion donkeys years apart IMO. But its just an opinion.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I assume you would have had the same view of Gascoigne had we ever had the opportunity to sign him!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I assume you would have had the same view of Gascoigne had we ever had the opportunity to sign him!

George Best at the height of his powers would also have been sent on his merry way with a flea in his ear by HT, no doubt.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
“ Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish has been caught up in another nightclub storm after being captured on video enjoying an alcohol-fuelled night out in Manchester

Nightclub storm and alcohol fuelled, ... fúck sake, are you a sun reader?

He wears his socks down and has a nice haircut. And you hate him. Never mind being a superb player.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nightclub storm and alcohol fuelled, ... fúck sake, are you a sun reader?

He wears his socks down and has a nice haircut. And you hate him. Never mind being a superb player.

I read The Guardian.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So the club would bin it’s no dickheads policy if we could sign Grealish?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Did you see him drive into those cars? Did anyone? If they did, it's evidence of bad driving, not drink driving.

From what I've read, people heard the bangs and came out to see Grealish standing next to a smashed up Range Rover and a trail of destruction in the road, he's admitted to hitting the other cars. He'd been at a noisy party that went on late into the night. He left the scene in a hurry before the OB turned up.

Surely that driving without due care and attention at least.

Given that those are the known facts, on balance of probability do you think he was in a fit state to drive a car?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here