Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grealish

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bravo.

I bemoan us normal paupers deciding footballers wages are the cure all for whatever is troubling the planet.

The last time round on this I asked 'what about the players already giving X amount of their wages to charitable causes'.
On to be met with 'do you know of any?'

At that point I gave up.

Do they need to plaster it all over the press? Andy Robertson was donating decent wedge of cash to various food banks and homeless shelters 'anonymously' which got out.

David De Gea donated 250k Euros to Madrid medical centers.
I think Pep has donated 1M Euros to various Catalan medical centers.

And still social media say 'is that all? surely they can afford more than that.'

If I was going to do anything I'd be doing it quietly..

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lawyers have probably already been all over it and decreed :
Won't get done for drink driving as left before he could be tested
Won't get done for fleeing the scene because he left details with someone

Won't get done for breaking Covid laws - even if he does it'll be a £60 ticket

Shameful if that's as far as it goes - but we all know it will.

Suspect he was on the phone to his people and advised to do this.
He isn't bright enough to have made these decisions himself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bravo.

I bemoan us normal paupers deciding footballers wages are the cure all for whatever is troubling the planet.

The last time round on this I asked 'what about the players already giving X amount of their wages to charitable causes'.

At that point I gave up.

Bruno donates a percentage of his wages to charity and I’m fairly sure a couple of well known Prem players do, but I can’t think of their names immediately.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Unwise and wrong thing to do. I'm doing my best to be outraged but struggling. They'll be thousands of others doing the same thing. They shouldn't be, but they will. If they get found out by others they'll probably get a telling off from the police/others. But for Grealish it's the gallows of public opinion.

Some folk are probably quite pleased he did it. Just so they can fuel their own self-righteousness. I'm not pleased to hear it, but I don't feel the need to single him out above others.

The role model angle is probably a bit over used. However, Grealish is such a big name at Villa that his actions may have a disproportionate effect in influencing others and that can lead to deaths. Just one in a long line of footballers lacking the maturity to live up to their status.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I have my own reasons for disliking Grealish which are probably quite obvious, however I am still very surprised how little public uproar and media coverage there is about this. I would have thought either one of the offences, whilst not unique as has been pointed out, warrant some serious consequences.

I'm particularly surprised given the sheer weight of public feeling about staying home, making sacrifices, protecting the NHS etc.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
...........being discussed on Talksport now..................Simon Jordan slaughtering him.

Is that actually possible, the floppy haired one actually being anything other than pretentious?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Apparently Villa are fining him 150k, and then - I guess - hoping that’s it, we all move on, it’s been dealt with. Incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Apparently Villa are fining him 150k, and then - I guess - hoping that’s it, we all move on, it’s been dealt with. Incredible!

After what happened with the Derby car crash are you really surprised? Even if his actions are abhorrent in a time of global crisis the bottom line is that he is still a massive financial asset for Villa and their best player. They will be seen to do the right thing but he has so much cash he's laughing at the fine.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bravo.

At that point I gave up.

Yeh, lots of footballers use their influence and wealth to do a lot of good for charitable causes. In Smashy and Nicey style though, they tend to not talk about too much.

The England team, for example, have been giving all of their match fees to charities since Beckham was captain. Although this hasn't stopped sanctimonious twats starting petitions to say that they should give their wages to charity after they've been embarrassingly eliminated from the early stages of WC 2014 and Euro 2016.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Surely the police might be interested in this as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here