Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grealish

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Total disgrace on every level. Genuinely outraged that anyone can be so selfish and stupid and put lives at risk - and that’s just by going to the party.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Unwise and wrong thing to do. I'm doing my best to be outraged but struggling. They'll be thousands of others doing the same thing. They shouldn't be, but they will. If they get found out by others they'll probably get a telling off from the police/others. But for Grealish it's the gallows of public opinion.

Some folk are probably quite pleased he did it. Just so they can fuel their own self-righteousness. I'm not pleased to hear it, but I don't feel the need to single him out above others.
Incorrect.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I totally agree. But the problem is he's very rich and is worth a fortune as an asset.

So he'll probably get away with it.

Money rules.

Sadly I think you're right. On BBC breakfast this morning they heavily pushed the lockdown angle, only giving a 2 second mention for a "minor road traffic accident". Doesn't really tell the whole story :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Unwise and wrong thing to do. I'm doing my best to be outraged but struggling. They'll be thousands of others doing the same thing. They shouldn't be, but they will. If they get found out by others they'll probably get a telling off from the police/others. But for Grealish it's the gallows of public opinion.

Some folk are probably quite pleased he did it. Just so they can fuel their own self-righteousness. I'm not pleased to hear it, but I don't feel the need to single him out above others.

I don’t know anyone else that’s done it. I certainly don’t know anyone else that was on a ‘public information film’ telling people to stay at home 24 hours before doing it. It’s not just the going out, either. The likelihood of drink/drug driving (perhaps there is some other reason for his erratic driving) kind of exacerbates things. He’s singled himself out.

Anyway, never mind - he’s apologised and donated a few quid to charity so it’s all dealt with.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It seems that there is tacit agreement between Grealish, Villa and all the the media, that he’ll admit to, and accept his ‘punishment’ for, breaking the lockdown rules - and that we’ll all pretend the rest of it - driving whilst unfit to do so, crashing into at least three parked vehicles, and leaving the scene - never actually happened.

Amazing

I am struggling to remember who.

Sure there have been speeding offences, but I can't remember any drunken vehicle crime.
Only thing I can recall is a Brighton player and cult figure undertaking an iron man triathlon in the close season to raise funds for a local hospice. Perhaps to offset this thread there ought to be a "highly paid footballers doing decent things" thread?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It seems that there is tacit agreement between Grealish, Villa and all the the media, that he’ll admit to, and accept his ‘punishment’ for, breaking the lockdown rules - and that we’ll all pretend the rest of it - driving whilst unfit to do so, crashing into at least three parked vehicles, and leaving the scene - never actually happened.

Amazing

My guess is some legal bods have been engaged and most media outlets have been warned that there is no evidence of him driving the car or being under the influence whilst driving.
Yet.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Jara Reyes was caught driving while disqualified when on loan to us, for previous drink driving offences. Does that count?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My guess is some legal bods have been engaged and most media outlets have been warned that there is no evidence of him driving the car or being under the influence whilst driving.
Yet.

You’ll note, I didn’t write that he was ‘under the influence’. I wrote that he was ‘unfit to drive’. I think the picture alone, suggests that statement would be hard to argue with.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Amazing

Guess it's as I put in #70 :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only thing I can recall is a Brighton player and cult figure undertaking an iron man triathlon in the close season to raise funds for a local hospice. Perhaps to offset this thread there ought to be a "highly paid footballers doing decent things" thread?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Bravo.

I bemoan us normal paupers deciding footballers wages are the cure all for whatever is troubling the planet.

The last time round on this I asked 'what about the players already giving X amount of their wages to charitable causes'.
On to be met with 'do you know of any?'

At that point I gave up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I missed any drink driving mayhem by him for some reason.

I don't think he was drink driving. But drink was definitely involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here