Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grammer / Spelling

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well there is the others to correct as well. Oh and there is no need for actually....

The point I was making was people are lazily using English.

I think there's different levels of English though. I was reffering to basic words, not English A Level standard punctuation on NSC which myself and others aren't going to take seriously.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think there's different levels of English though. I was reffering to basic words, not English A Level standard punctuation on NSC which myself and others aren't going to take seriously.

Others and I.

Free hint, stop posting and log off for the rest of the day.:):lolol:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Kudos for spelling 'embarrassed' right though. I ALWAYS get it wrong.

spell checker lol, got to love google chrome, my spelling is ok with it, but i get many words mixed up.

Like one i keep getting pulled on here by is He's and his

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010

I'll probably get slaughtered for writing this but if you are embarrassed about your spelling or grammar then perhaps you ought to do something about it. Conversely, if you are not bothered about it then simply carry on posting and ignore the corrective responses.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I'll probably get slaughtered for writing this but if you are embarrassed about your spelling or grammar then perhaps you ought to do something about it. Conversely, if you are not bothered about it then simply carry on posting and ignore the corrective responses.
I am dyslexic so its not as easy as that, i feel i have come as far as i can, i have had private tutors up until the age of about 19, then just felt i had come as far as i can.

AuntAgonist

Plastic fan
Apr 29, 2011
I've apologised and held my hands up for my failings - let it go?! If you want an excuse I'm actually rather tired from various things but won't be discussing that on the internet.

You started the thread. This is an internet fail on scales hitherto only even dreamt about (well, probably not) so you deserve hideous amounts of ridicule for trying to be pedantic, and making yourself look silly. As this is how the inrternet works.

Typo intentionally left in :)

Last edited:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Just should be a capital J. I counted 5 errors in 5 sentences, you have an A level in English? No wonder the countries going to the dogs.

OK - corrections for the corrector
Full-stop required after sentences(.) followed by a capital Y (You)
A-level
country's (or country is)

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Realistically though, we did all grasp the point of what was meant.

Surely overall, that's more important?

An overall is a protective garment sometimes worn over other garments
Surely, over all, that's more important?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here