Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grammer / Spelling

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Just should be a capital J. I counted 5 errors in 5 sentences, you have an A level in English? No wonder the countries going to the dogs.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Nsc gold!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What do you expect? If someone is going to post a thread about spelling and grammar, and makes lots of mistakes, they are asking to be pulled up, shirley?

Pulled up? Slaughtered more like.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Realistically though, we did all grasp the point of what was meant.

Surely overall, that's more important?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just should be a capital J. I counted 5 errors in 5 sentences, you have an A level in English? No wonder the countries going to the dogs.

Easy pal, it was an honest mistake. The point I was making was actually people lazily using English. Judge me all you like, I admitted a mistake at least.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was moaning that people seem to now write the WRONG words

Considering you're going on about grammar, do you know that you've just split an infinitive there?

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Realistically though, we did all grasp the point of what was meant.

Surely overall, that's more important?

Sheebo makes a post about the shocking state of written English and litters his drivel with enough mistakes to fill a Croydon orphanage. Overall, that's the more ridiculous.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Actually what's more infuriating is the use of FAIL.

I would like the facility on NSC to draw a big red circle around the post so it looks like it has been marked by a teacher.:lol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How's your baby daughter, Sheebo? Hope you are enjoying and relishing being a dad. Kids have a knack of highlighting your failings, so get used to it.

For example, today:

Me: "One, Two..?"
2 yr old daughter: "Buckle my shoe, daddy!"
Me: "Three, four...?"
Florence: "Knock at door, daddy!"
Me: "Five, six...?"
Florence: ""Pick up sticks, daddy!"
Me: "Seven, eight...?"
Florence: "Close the fridge, daddy!"

:facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sheebo makes a post about the shocking state of written English and litters his drivel with enough mistakes to fill a Croydon orphanage. Overall, that's the more ridiculous.

I've apologised and held my hands up for my failings - let it go?! If you want an excuse I'm actually rather tired from various things but won't be discussing that on the internet.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Easy pal, it was an honest mistake. The point I was making was actually people lazily using English. Judge me all you like, I admitted a mistake at least.

Well there is the others to correct as well. Oh and there is no need for actually....

The point I was making was people are lazily using English.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How's your baby daughter, Sheebo? Hope you are enjoying and relishing being a dad. Kids have a knack of highlighting your failings, so get used to it.

For example, today:

Me: "One, Two..?"
2 yr old daughter: "Buckle my shoe, daddy!"
Me: "Three, four...?"
Florence: "Knock at door, daddy!"
Me: "Five, six...?"
Florence: ""Pick up sticks, daddy!"
Me: "Seven, eight...?"
Florence: "Close the fridge, daddy!"

:facepalm:

She's good thanks Bry - prob the lack of sleep one of the reasons for my drivel this evening though! Not looking forward to helping her with homework in years to come now though :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here