Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gourmet food at the Amex

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this - announced in Argus today Albion will be the only club in the country to bake thier own pies on site - 5000 for first match.

Beef, ale and mushroom, Chicken Gammon and leak and a vegtable one.

Also Sussex sausages and Gourmet burgers - beats the shite served up at Withdean

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I heard about this a while ago, before being taken on for the Amex the lady who runs it was making pies in her kitchen to sell, and has had to take up premises (at Amex) to make enough.

Foot at Amex is going to be well good, innit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Swan pie for the 1901 members as well apparently.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They are still prepared off site then chilled and baked in the oven at the ground rather than being cooked off site then nuked in the microwave. Means nothing in itself as it's still down to ingredients at the end of the day but the intention is clearly there.

Presumably a gourmet burger actually has meat in it? Could be promising.

And is a Sussex sausage a pork sausage made in Sussex or does it have some secret ingredient (other than the usual bread/chicken beaks etc)? Or maybe both?

Seriously. Don't get carried away by the caterers' hype. I'm sure it will be good grub but what has been described is basically the same food available everywhere with a little bit of added marketing-speak. The proof will be in the eating but I bet it won't be as good as Norwich no matter what.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
All sounds good - but no Balti pies?

Will look forward to chomping down a few of those together with several pints of Harveys. But could be a volatile mixture so hope the sanitary facilities are up for it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All sounds good - but no Balti pies?

Will look forward to chomping down a few of those together with several pints of Harveys. But could be a volatile mixture so hope the sanitary facilities are up for it.

This is my concern as well. The balti-pie is one of the best inventions this country has come up with and the embodiment of multi-culturalism.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
On a slightly different note, I just noticed the club are recruiting for this job-
Stadium Hawker in Brighton - Apply Today!

Is that just for the 1901 club or throughout the stadium? I know they are popular in America but I don't think I have seen them here before.

409945804_a364b45cd3.jpg

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So...if there are 5,000 pies for the first home game, how are they to be allocated? Do 1901-ers get first dibs? Loyalty points? When will they go on general sale, about five minutes before kick-off?

Lush

Mods' Pet
On a slightly different note, I just noticed the club are recruiting for this job-
Stadium Hawker in Brighton - Apply Today!

Is that just for the 1901 club or throughout the stadium? I know they are popular in America but I don't think I have seen them here before.

409945804_a364b45cd3.jpg

Hmmm - that's all very well in American spors when nothing happens for most of the game, but if I miss a goal due to some daft bint blocking the view because she's serving snacks to some fat bastard who can't wait 'til half time to feed their face, I will not be happy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hmmm - that's all very well in American spors when nothing happens for most of the game, but if I miss a goal due to some daft bint blocking the view because she's serving snacks to some fat bastard who can't wait 'til half time to feed their face, I will not be happy.

...due to legislation I presume this will only be in the concourse areas and not in the stadium bowl i.e. view of pitch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...due to legislation I presume this will only be in the concourse areas and not in the stadium bowl i.e. view of pitch.

I made the assumption these 'hawker's would be selling booze but I guess they could sell snacks and fizzy pop inside the bowl.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i cant rememebr what pie i had at oldham, but whatever it was it was bloody fantastic

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
You website confirms neither your attendance at Oldham and obviously not what was consumer. Your fans demand to know what has happened here.

it was a rash decision to go via the way home from the cheltenham festival. hence the camera had no battery power and subsequently could not be used. i may as well take the opportunity to appologise for lack of updates for both huddersfield away and notts county, both games after which i drunkernly lost cameras

huddersfield i did not eat in the ground as i had a delightful ham roll from a working mens club just outside which subsequently caused me to miss kick off. notts county no food was taken either owing to lack of funds by that point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here