Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got assaulted at work

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why shouldn't people be allowed to park where they want ? Typical f***ing jobsworth insisting people park in their proper places. You're like those f***ing railway hitlers making sure people travel on the trains they booked.

Make my f***ing blood boil, jobsworths deserve all they get.

At least Hitler got the trains running on time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
once again, no common sense.
im WORKING ffs.
if i was in a private car, and taking the piss then fair enough but im not..im in A BIG BLUE VAN with BRITISH GAS written all over it
WTF has that got to do with anything? Half the people parking are going to work. You are going to a customers house, why can't they provide you with a permit?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
WTF has that got to do with anything? Half the people parking are going to work. You are going to a customers house, why can't they provide you with a permit?
but they're NOT working in the house they're parking outside of are they?...they could take public TRANSPORT to work..I FUCKIN CANT, i NEED my van
cant be arsed arguing anymore chap

i only hope that you never need me to call, and i cant find somewhere to park

bonjour

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
why the roll eyes thing?
point is, if im in my private car and taking the piss, then fair do's, i deserve a ticket. if i am actually working and have to park in the vicinity of the house im working IN, why should i get a ticket?

Totally agree.

Council tickets are not about keeping traffic flowing nor about keeping spaces clear for residents & businesses, they are all about money just as much as the fake private 'PCNs' like the 'fine' 16bha thought he had got at Argos.

By the way, in B&Hove the Council can only enforce driveway PCNs on those white lines if the resident complains. How did you get a PCN on a driveway where you were working unless it was a shared driveway? Could have won it on appeal if it wasn't shared and/or if the Council cannot show that the resident complained.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Totally agree.

Council tickets are not about keeping traffic flowing nor about keeping spaces clear for residents & businesses, they are all about money just as much as the fake private 'PCNs' like the 'fine' 16bha thought he had got at Argos.

By the way, in B&Hove the Council can only enforce driveway PCNs on those white lines if the resident complains. How did you get a PCN on a driveway where you were working unless it was a shared driveway? Could have won it on appeal if it wasn't shared.
i even had the resident (the bloke who's house i was working in) argue the toss with the warden, like i said, they show NO common sense.
i really dont know why i get so wound up about the issue, i just send the tickets off and the company pay.
i guess its just principle

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
I don't suppose I'll get much sympathy here, I'm a civil enforcement officer (traffic warden to most of you), and while I was giving someone a ticket for blocking an emergency access route, the shit hit me on the back of the head. They smashed up my camera too, but fortunately the memory card is in tact, so the police should find the culprit.

Got the rest of the day off, so now chilling with an ice pack.

EDIT - please see this post before feeling sorry for me

<mod: the link won't work - the thread has been removed>

Why not get a proper job?

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
i even had the resident (the bloke who's house i was working in) argue the toss with the warden, like i said, they show NO common sense.
i really dont know why i get so wound up about the issue, i just send the tickets off and the company pay.
i guess its just principle

Difficult to appeal properly when the company will just pay - but you would have won.

As I said, in B&Hove there has to be a complaint from the resident for the white line to be enforced at their driveway - tell that to the next jumped up megalomaniac jobsworth CEO who tries it! Cannot stand them, Council CEOs are just one step above the private fake scammer ones.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
but they're NOT working in the house they're parking outside of are they?...they could take public TRANSPORT to work..I FUCKIN CANT, i NEED my van
This applies to all chippies, sparkies, plumbers, brickies, etc etc. I've had tons of people work at my place, and I buy them all vouchers. My neighbours do the same.
cant be arsed arguing anymore chap

i only hope that you never need me to call, and i cant find somewhere to park
Chill out dude. If I needed you, I'd pay for your parking. But British Gas are a bit too pricey, so I'd use someone else.

Peace. x

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
You do know that isn't even a fine, not even a real parking ticket? It is a SCAM.

Hope you haven't paid it or believed that there's an 'appeals procedure' !!!!!!!!!!!

Pepipoo on fake PCNs, it's easy, even I have done it. Just ignore the letters and the scammers will go away:

FightBack Forums -> Private Parking Tickets Clamping

And to everyone else who posts about real (Council) parking tickets, did you know that most are overturned or cancelled, around 65% - 90% depending on the area - but only if people appeal further than 'round one'. For instance, Gwm, if your ticket was a real one from a Council (not a fake PCN from any private firm) then you would have won that at adjudication, there are adjudications that you could have used in support of your point about 29/2 only relating to this year as far as current permits are concerned.

Pepipoo forum on real Council tickets, almost everyone is helped with their grounds for appeal and then wins:

FightBack Forums -> Council Parking Tickets Clamping and Decriminalised Notices

HTH, try it next time you get a real PCN.

Thanks for the heads up. Co is called G24, have just googled them. Lucky I haven't paid them so they can do one! That will keep me in my 'Pie and a Pint' for the rest of the season.:cheers:

Jan 30, 2008
what about the snidey fuckers that drive around in cars , remember stopping on double yellows to answer my phone in Brighton, looked in my mirror only to see them waiting too see if i was going to park up and walk off SCOOTER ONE'S ARE EVEN BETTER, STROLLING UP AND DOWN THE PAVEMENT WITH THEIR CRASH HELMETS STILL ON :whistle:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
It's a tough job, and not one I'd like to do, but the reputation of traffic wardens is probably not helped by the amount of common sense and discretion they choose (or are permitted) to use.

On a similar note, I had the pleasure of witnessing one of the aforementioned railway Hitler's at work on a train journey today. On inspecting the ticket of a women who was at best in her late 70's, it transpired that the ticket she'd purchased (although for the right time) was dated tomorrow, not today.

She was informed that it would cost her more than £50 for a new ticket, or alternatively, and I shit you not, she could remain at Derby station overnight and then catch the 'correct' train tomorrow.

At this point the poor old dear was practically in tears, confessing that she simply couldn't afford to purchase a new ticket. Hitler stood there, straight faced, repeating her options until she tearfully produced a debit card to buy a new ticket. The best the fat nob could muster was to half-heartedly apologise throughout insisting that 'unfortunately, there was nothing he could do'.

Really? Could you not have just recognised a genuine mistake by an elderly woman, not said anything and moved on? Of course you're there to do a job and stop people from blatently taking the piss, but doing your job to the very letter with no room for reason and common sense to prevail and you'll just alienate yourself and create further problems and animosity in the long run.

And therein lies the problem.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
what about the snidey fuckers that drive around in cars , remember stopping on double yellows to answer my phone in Brighton, looked in my mirror only to see them waiting too see if i was going to park up and walk off SCOOTER ONE'S ARE EVEN BETTER, STROLLING UP AND DOWN THE PAVEMENT WITH THEIR CRASH HELMETS STILL ON :whistle:

Yep, you can appeal those PCNs as well, usually successfully if you know what to say about the use of a camera rather than a CEO and if you've only stopped briefly or are loading or collecting someone for instance. See the Council tickets pepipoo link I gave earlier.

And what about the Hitlers who hide around the corner from the loading bay at the Church at the top of George Street at tea-time when people might just be collecting a KFC or dropping their child off at Brownies? Instead of being visible and telling their hapless victims that they can park FOR FREE in George Street, they hide then slap PCN on the car.

WHY?? It's not even 'illegal parking' and if you are dropping off a child it's an exemption but oh no, let's fine them all!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't suppose I'll get much sympathy here, I'm a civil enforcement officer (traffic warden to most of you), and while I was giving someone a ticket for blocking an emergency access route, the shit hit me on the back of the head. They smashed up my camera too, but fortunately the memory card is in tact, so the police should find the culprit.

Got the rest of the day off, so now chilling with an ice pack.

EDIT - please see this post before feeling sorry for me

<mod: the link won't work - the thread has been removed>

I'm very sorry to hear of your mishap and hope this won't stop u attending the match on Wednesday...get well soon

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I think if you worked in a hospital you would of got more sympathy, chin up.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
:bowdown::bowdown:

People that hate police, teachers, stewards and traffic wardens seriously have some issues and need some psychological help.

i hate people who needlessly hate on civil servants, police officers and the like.

honestly. how some people grow up into thinking they can do whatever they want when they want, and complain when someone dares to challenge their most excellent, majestic self. Apparently there are things called rules.

it's like people who despise being searched at the amex.

some guy was giving it large about his time being wasted.

I just walked up to the steward, gave him my bag and asked for 'the usual, please'.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Absolutely agree with everything you saw. Most rules are there for a reason, including parking restrictions, and anyone who chooses blatantly to disregard them is an arrogant prat.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Absolutely agree with everything you saw. Most rules are there for a reason, including parking restrictions, and anyone who chooses blatantly to disregard them is an arrogant prat.

Well then I am an arrogant prat when in a Supermarket/retail/entertainment car park.

I will never abuse a disabled bay or anything but ffs if I am shopping or watching a film or having a meal I will NOT be intimidated by the pathetic lowlifes who act as parasites in these car parks.

They are not real traffic wardens and the rules are made up just to make money for the parking company. Their 'rules' are there for that reason only and frankly the scammers can get stuffed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here