Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got assaulted at work

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Good wind-up in that it got a lot of people believing it, but it loses points by not being remotely funny. At all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
not strictly true is it?
i hate traffic wardens because i am a service engineer in brighton and hove, i expect to be able to park OUTSIDE the house i am working in within reason.
when you get on average 7 tickets a week, for parking in a permit only street
You need the house owners to give you a day permit (£2 in Hove). Other than that, it's a council issue, hardly the warden's fault.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not everyone's grasped this thread have they? Whoosh!
eees complicated
Good wind-up in that it got a lot of people believing it, but it loses points by not being remotely funny. At all.
I guess you missed the other thread. I never intended anyone to believe it - I even bloody edited the post to make sure everyone knew about the earlier post. Not my fault it was deleted.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
I have no problem with traffic wardens normally as they are only doing their jobs. Especially in this case when an emergency access was being blocked.

I do however want to strangle the traffic warden that gave me a ticket because the corner of my residents permit was curled under and the year couldn't be seen on the expiry - date was 29/2. How often do we have a 29th In Feb - also the entire permit number was showing !!! Which the council verified was a valid permit but refused my appeal !

If that was you then I have no sympathy !

If not I wish you a speedy recovery !

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Hope the scum that hit you gets prison.

All the best with your recovery, and you have the backing of the silent majority of residents who are glad for the rules & glad you enforce them.
When I've had a ticket, I know it's my fault & I pay up. No feeling of violence towards the guys stopping parking mayhem in our streets.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
You need the house owners to give you a day permit (£2 in Hove). Other than that, it's a council issue, hardly the warden's fault.
once again, no common sense.
im WORKING ffs.
if i was in a private car, and taking the piss then fair enough but im not..im in A BIG BLUE VAN with BRITISH GAS written all over it

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
eees complicated

I guess you missed the other thread. I never intended anyone to believe it - I even bloody edited the post to make sure everyone knew about the earlier post. Not my fault it was deleted.

You're gonna need a bigger boat :thumbsup:

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I've just been hit with an £85 penalty for overstaying my parking in the Argos car park at Lyons Farm, Worthing. They even sent me photos of me entering and leaving the car park. Bastards

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I've just been hit with an £85 penalty for overstaying my parking in the Argos car park at Lyons Farm, Worthing. They even sent me photos of me entering and leaving the car park. Bastards

Is that one of those dodgy private parking enforcement things that looks all official but actually isn't?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can see this thread going GOLD.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, who sent me a skip?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
So when a close friend of yours dies when an ambulance can't get out an emergency exit because some dick head is blocking it because he can't be arsed to find a space that might be a two minute walk away, we'll just say "tough shit".

The only people that hate traffic wardens are the dumbass lazy pricks who think they have a right to park anywhere they want or are too f***ing idiotic to adhere to time limits when parking. It's not rocket science to return to your car within a few minutes of your ticket expiring.

:bowdown::bowdown:

People that hate police, teachers, stewards and traffic wardens seriously have some issues and need some psychological help.

Dec 29, 2011
once again, no common sense.
im WORKING ffs.
if i was in a private car, and taking the piss then fair enough but im not..im in A BIG BLUE VAN with BRITISH GAS written all over it

Oh! A British Gas van, you should have pointed that out, they should let you park anywhere you wish then :rolleyes:

Also OP, I know this thread was meant to be a joke but it's an interesting discussion.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

You do know that isn't even a fine, not even a real parking ticket? It is a SCAM.

Hope you haven't paid it or believed that there's an 'appeals procedure' !!!!!!!!!!!

Pepipoo on fake PCNs, it's easy, even I have done it. Just ignore the letters and the scammers will go away:

FightBack Forums -> Private Parking Tickets Clamping

And to everyone else who posts about real (Council) parking tickets, did you know that most are overturned or cancelled, around 65% - 90% depending on the area - but only if people appeal further than 'round one'. For instance, Gwm, if your ticket was a real one from a Council (not a fake PCN from any private firm) then you would have won that at adjudication, there are adjudications that you could have used in support of your point about 29/2 only relating to this year as far as current permits are concerned.

Pepipoo forum on real Council tickets, almost everyone is helped with their grounds for appeal and then wins:

FightBack Forums -> Council Parking Tickets Clamping and Decriminalised Notices

HTH, try it next time you get a real PCN.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Oh! A British Gas van, you should have pointed that out, they should let you park anywhere you wish then :rolleyes:

Also OP, I know this thread was meant to be a joke but it's an interesting discussion.
why the roll eyes thing?
point is, if im in my private car and taking the piss, then fair do's, i deserve a ticket. if i am actually working and have to park in the vicinity of the house im working IN, why should i get a ticket?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here