Votes: 62 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 30.3%

• Total voters

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The bodge potential - especially when the tempo itself hasn't been set - is

HE-YOWGE
I reckon the tempo issue is solved by the words being followed as part of the screens presentation and also by cranking up the volume on the music while people get the hang of it...

Last edited:

DanielT

I am totally in favour of this. I sing the words, but it's a bit demoralising when no one near me is, and they start the chorus when it's still the last verse.

Anyone against this is probably a "he-yowge" TART

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
So your telling me your fantastic fans dont know the words to your beloved club anthem :rolleyes::shootself

Unlike your pop song this song is very old, No Justin Bieber effort and therefore there have been various different types of lyrics over the years and we are settling on one set which like many things in years ago got put in a box and titled 'For Falmer' this box has now been dusted off and re opened.

N3bn1

Sep 30, 2011
Bn1
Just a thought but as were playing Barnsley on Sunday 6th November, our closest home game to rememberence day. Why not a video with stills of our brave heroes from WW1 who sung this song with pride as they marched off to the battlefields with little or no hope of return. It would teach our younger fans the origins of the song and would also give every Brighton fan in the ground reason to sing at the top of their voices as a mark of respect. There could be a small artical in the program about the origins with the full words and words on the screens with the images. Maybe finish with images of the Albion as we launch into the end chorus so that it has a cheerful note to it?
From this the club and fans could see if it is something that people want in the future. Maybe the club could also arrange a bucket collection for help for heroes or British legion/poppy appeal.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Firstly, it is not GOSBTS but SBTS.

To do this properly would require consultation and agreement with the club as to exactly the lyrics to be printed or whatever.

The original lyrics are a million miles away from the inappropriate version sung (at perhaps a more relevant time in our history and which are frankly futile if we are not going up and we are not going to win the cup)

Believe me, I have put much effort and research into this and, if it can be 'sorted' it would be fantastic and indeed scary for the opposition if 20000 Albion fans are singing it.

Count me in though !

And Yes ! it should be on both big screens and routinely in the match programme.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just a thought but as were playing Barnsley on Sunday 6th November, our closest home game to rememberence day. Why not a video with stills of our brave heroes from WW1 who sung this song with pride as they marched off to the battlefields with little or no hope of return. It would teach our younger fans the origins of the song and would also give every Brighton fan in the ground reason to sing at the top of their voices as a mark of respect. There could be a small artical in the program about the origins with the full words and words on the screens with the images. Maybe finish with images of the Albion as we launch into the end chorus so that it has a cheerful note to it?
From this the club and fans could see if it is something that people want in the future. Maybe the club could also arrange a bucket collection for help for heroes or British legion/poppy appeal.
this is a very, very good idea... could one of our video masters produce something of suitable quality to make it easy for the club or does the big screen/PA require special type of material... same question re. something to use at all home games...

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
What i don't like is these internet campaigns to get certain songs going. In the old days the best songs always started spontaneously. Doesn't feel right when it's all contrived.

Having said that, seeing as GOSBTS is our anthem and ours alone, then probably not a bad idea.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom

That, is a f***ing good idea!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can we remove the word Gay from the first verse to save further ridicule and embarrassment
No we can't. Anyone who wants to change that line must be a complete moron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here