Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gosbts slow it down mission

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I know it has been tried before but this time I will not stop until I either have a mental breakdown or die.

Starting at Millwall tomorrow in the concourse [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION] and I along with members of the NSK will be singing GOSBTS at it's correct speed.

From then on the NSK will do the same in the NS concourse from West Ham onwards. I will see if I can get lyric sheets sorted for this also.

Once the concourses have mastered it we can move it onto the stands.

If I do manage to sort out lyric sheets [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION] has said he will hand some out in the WSU so please do your bit up there.

NSK or not let's not moan and whine and lets just get this done. Once we have done this then maybe we can work on other songs.

:albion2::bhasign::albion2:

Last edited:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Fantastic news if we can get this to work. Many people on here will see I am not the biggest fan of the NSK, but my one passion is getting SBTS sung correctly at the right speed. Don't let this fall by the wayside people.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Now this I can get behind. The only time I've heard it sun proper slow was waiting for a train at Walsall and half the platform joined in, quality.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Excellent Drumstick, all power to your vocal chords! I'm WSL but I'll join in at Millwall if I hear you!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Excellent Drumstick, all power to your vocal chords! I'm WSL but I'll join in at Millwall if I hear you!

We will be doing it in the concourse pre match so please join in.

Just confirmed that we have some lyric sheets left so we will have these on us at West Ham if anyone wants to come over. We stand usually at the last Goldstone game pictures by the West side North entrance.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, yes yes!!!

Yesterday, thought the Spurs fans sounded great at Newcastle when they sang the slowed version of their song.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Go for it lads, but i dont think you'll have much luck. Even the club have messed it up as the players come out! Whats with that version, with the start and middle missing? NOW IS THE TIME FOR MARCHING. . . . .

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Go for it lads, but i dont think you'll have much luck. Even the club have messed it up as the players come out! Whats with that version, with the start and middle missing? NOW IS THE TIME FOR MARCHING. . . . .

I agree, find that odd as well but it doesn't excuse the fact that half the ground finish singing whilst the music is still going for another 30 seconds!!

We have to do this one right, it's our song.

Yoda

English & European
We can't even sing it at the correct speed when the teams are coming out and we have the music and beat of the drum to help keep the tempo, so can't see you having much success. :down:

Good luck with it though!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I agree, find that odd as well but it doesn't excuse the fact that half the ground finish singing whilst the music is still going for another 30 seconds!!

We have to do this one right, it's our song.

Perhaps an email when the time is right to RR will get this sorted. In the mean time I think we need to get a decent amount singing correctly in the concourses and in the stands during games.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Good Luck. I would love this to happen.

I think the only way it will ever happen is if the words go up on the screen though.

I know a proper trumpet player who would love to play GOSBTS in the west stand upper....Do stewards check for trumpets on entry?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Maybe we should get the players properly trained & lead the singing in a line just the National Anthems before internationals before kick off

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I don't see why it is so difficult. sounded awesome at the goldstone in late 70's

oh, and no one had a songsheet and big screen! you what!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Anyone reading this who is in the North stand at West Ham please come along and join in! This is going to need everyone's support even if you do look abit of a donkey at first, It will be worth it and if you start it near myself or the NSK we will back you 100%

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It BAFFLES me that people cannot even CLAP in time to the tune as the players come out. How can you not even clap in time FFS. Good luck, I hope you can get in going.

You are going to have to keep trying it over and over until the speedtards get the message.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Fantastic stuff, Drumstick! But, to do the Albion anthem full justice, the Amex PA system really does – just for this one song – need to be cranked right up! That way, fans will not only be able to get the speed right, but sing in the correct key too. Then, there's absolutely no need to change key in midstream, as always happens now.

As for the proper words, for anyone still needing them, these are the original ones from the first published version in 1907. I've added the Albion chorus – including, naturally – going up AND WE'LL win the cup!

1st verse
Now is the time for marching, Now let your hearts be gay
Hark to the merry bugles Sounding along our way.
So let your voices ring my boys, And take the time from me
And I’ll sing you a song as we march along
Of Sussex by the Sea!

Chorus
For we're the men from Sussex, Sussex by the Sea
We plough and sow and reap and mow
And useful men are we
And when you go to Sussex, Whoever you may be
You may tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the Sea!

Albion Refrain
Good old Sussex by the Sea!