Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gosbts old chesnut!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K43TzRz16xI

What about a fans campaign to have this video played 20 minutes before each home game on the small screens in all home areas of the ground! EVERY GAME!
Would give a chance of fans gathering around the bars for a pre match rousing song before entering the ground,imagine the noise coming up from all the concourse areas pre-match.
Would help with the sussex branding of the club i think mr barber!
Could we make this happen? I thinks so!:smile:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The pre-match singing of Sussex by the Sea was definitely improving towards the end of the season... most people at least clapping along and joining in the chorus.

I was initially all for this campaign, spearheaded among others by [MENTION=3552]Moshe Gariani[/MENTION], but I am beginning to think this will just happen in an organic way even without the words on the screen.

D

Deleted User X18H

No. Next season I can tell you now, the team will walk out to 'right here right now' and will some become Brighton City Football Club. Or BtownFC for marketing purposes.

The pre-match singing of Sussex by the Sea was definitely improving towards the end of the season... most people at least clapping along and joining in the chorus.

I was initially all for this campaign, spearheaded among others by [MENTION=3552]Moshe Gariani[/MENTION], but I am beginning to think this will just happen in an organic way even without the words on the screen.
I don't think the words should go on the big screen just the bar areas,the fans would take the whole song into the stadium themselves as you say in an organic fashion.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Sounds a good idea, Rev. I'll go for that.

The main thing is that they play it in a lower key than they do at the moment. I'm a girlie and even I can't hit those high notes. So it's nigh on impossible for blokes to sing it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

What about a fans campaign to have this video played 20 minutes before each home game on the small screens in all home areas of the ground! EVERY GAME!
Would give a chance of fans gathering around the bars for a pre match rousing song before entering the ground,imagine the noise coming up from all the concourse areas pre-match.

Yup, make it happen rev

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Also a good way of helping people to learn the words and the pace the song should be sung at

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
That is perfect, we have to try and get the club on side with this. It would only need to be done for half a dozen games and everyone would be singing it anyway !

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire

Great Idea. And perhaps go even further and have it on twice before the match at 40 minutes and 20 minutes. Bit of practice always makes perfect! UTA

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Is it just me who likes singing 'good old sussex by the sea' then? Its not quite as emphatic singing 'and ill sing you a song as we march along' ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here