Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordons gaffe

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Mr Brown was caught saying: "That was a disaster.
"You should never have put me with that woman.
"Whose idea was that?"
Mr Brown went on: "It's just ridiculous."

Just shows how these supposed random meet and greets the politicians do are very selective and they would normally only talk to people who agree with them. I'm sure if he did actually go and pick someone at complete random he would meet more people like her.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
thats one way of looking at it, but slightly misses the point that this is what the PM thinks of his electorate. I dont know what she said, but i'd wager it was fairly typical of northern urban opinions widely held in Labour seats, and he has just alienated them. oops.

Absolutely a 66 year old widow/gran is not most peoples idea of a "bigot". She is just saying what she believes to be the truth, but Gordon is in reality in such a Westmister bubble he does not even recognise what she says as being legitimate problems and dismisses her as a "bigot"

Also as Jim Hacker said (and Tony Blair and George Bush know) always regard a mike as a live mike.:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
who gives a f*** what he would say to me

unlike people like him who are tragically stuck in a world of bullshit and spin i can say (within reason and some terrifyingly draconian laws restricting freedom of speech) what the f*** i like. i feel sorry for him in a way, permanently lying and twisting the truth just to be elected and your whole life being built on half truths, terrified of moments like these and never being able to say what you think. must be a massive strain.

To be honest, he'd probably just yawn. Like I am. Or maybe say change the record.

I'm off to do something more interesting with my time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
soon to be ex PM Gordon said:
That was a disaster - they should never have put me with that woman. Whose idea was that? It's just ridiculous [...] She's just a sort of bigoted woman that said she used to be Labour. I mean it's just ridiculous.

the focus will of course be on one word, "bigot", but you have to read the whole to realise its far, far deeper than that. They cant spin out of this one, Gordo is done and the Labour party will suffer. his head is in his hands because he's just killed his party.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
To be honest, he'd probably just yawn. Like I am. Or maybe say change the record.

I'm off to do something more interesting with my time.

you really should put a 'grandad' on the end of 'change the record' to give it more hilarous up to the minute cutting ooomph.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
At your ''performing arts workshop'' maybe :lolol:

thats where he is off to then. why argue about the biggest news story of the election when you can be curled up in a ball in a draughty church hall pretending to be your pre birth self.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Loving the real-life Prime-Ministerial :facepalm: picture there :lolol: :lolol:

This gaffe is STRAIGHT out of The Thick of It. Wonder if there's a real-life Malcolm Tucker running around booting arses right now.

Lovely stuff.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This gaffe is STRAIGHT out of The Thick of It. Wonder if there's a real-life Malcolm Tucker running around booting arses right now.

more likely phone round for a new job to start week after next. Mandy and Campbell are probably on the phone to Clegg as we speak...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Who gains out of this ? Tories or Lib Dems or will it have no effect?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder if this gaffe will be declared "off-limits" in tomorrow nights debate.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I didnt mean I wanted him as PM. I had posted a lot of stuff about how the hung parliament would work, and suggested that the top job could also be up for grabs....and that Milliband would get it if Brown was ousted. To be honest I'm not really sure who I want as leader at the mo.

Victory for me though, will be NOT David Cameron. Being realistic I think a hung parliament is my best bet. I've made no secret of this. I also think this election has the potential to be historic in the sense that there is a very strong likelihood of a hung parliament which will eventually lead to proportional representation....which will result in a big and long lasting change in the political landscape, and push The Conservative Party right to the margins. There are many more progressive, left wing, centre-left, green voters than there are rights and Tories. We could witness history in the making next week.

And left wing parties have good records on working with each other do they? People Front of Judea anyone?

Even if that did happen I'm sure the UK population would soon balk at the tax and spend policies that many on the left advocate which would decimate our economy.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Tomorrow's headline

Gordon Brown calls 5yr old a racist when he asks him 'what his favourite colour is?'

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder if this gaffe will be declared "off-limits" in tomorrow nights debate.

The debate is about economy, I think any stretch to include a reference to it will be advised against by the media adviser types for fear of it seeming too much like kicking a man when he's down. Ther's a real woman who has been besmirched by this gaffe, and Clegg or Cameron scoring points off it might be seen as classless.

Of course, if they can somehow work in a very clever, subtle reference, it might work for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here