Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordons gaffe

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Why did he let Sky put a mike on him and, if he had no choice, why didn't he just get rid of it as soon as the meeting was over? He knows that Murdoch is out to get him and they would 'accidentally' leave it running for as long as they could get away with it.

They all have things like this, it is just that (at the moment) Clegg and Cameron haven't done anything as dumb as this.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I actually feel very sorry for Gordon Brown on this one. When he was played the tape in the radio show he had his head in his hands looking close to tears. I think Brown is a genuinely decent bloke except I disgree on almost every issue.

This nails it for him am I and I as a Tory voter am not celebrating. He said what all the leaders would say in private.

Just a very sad situation.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
they'll need mont panesar to put some spin on this one to get em out the shit. how long before they throw some dirt up on this woman!? haha love it

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I wonder what 'off mike' response you'd get ?

who gives a f*** what he would say to me

unlike people like him who are tragically stuck in a world of bullshit and spin i can say (within reason and some terrifyingly draconian laws restricting freedom of speech) what the f*** i like. i feel sorry for him in a way, permanently lying and twisting the truth just to be elected and your whole life being built on half truths, terrified of moments like these and never being able to say what you think. must be a massive strain.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Why did he let Sky put a mike on him and, if he had no choice, why didn't he just get rid of it as soon as the meeting was over? He knows that Murdoch is out to get him and they would 'accidentally' leave it running for as long as they could get away with it.
Sky were asked to put a mike on him FACT

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

thats one way of looking at it, but slightly misses the point that this is what the PM thinks of his electorate. I dont know what she said, but i'd wager it was fairly typical of northern urban opinions widely held in Labour seats, and he has just alienated them. oops.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It just goes to show how vacant politics is. Sadly, if he had challenged her on the spot with her supposed bigoted views, there would be a witch hunt for him.

He probably isn't the first and won't be the last leader to say something similar, just so happened he got caught out.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I actually feel very sorry for Gordon Brown on this one. When he was played the tape in the radio show he had his head in his hands looking close to tears. I think Brown is a genuinely decent bloke except I disgree on almost every issue.

This nails it for him am I and I as a Tory voter am not celebrating. He said what all the leaders would say in private.

no its not. they helped create this world of media bullshit, if not turn it into an art form. live by the sword die by the sword. perhaps he should have gone into a job more suited to him rather than push for 10 years for one his mate knew he was not cut out for.

how you can feel sorry for someone that ruthlessly ambitious is beyond me. he is not a soap character he is a real bloke with the power of life or death. f*** him off if he cannot do it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oh shit... what have I done. :nono:

Gordon Brown, live on Jeremy Vine's BBC Radio 2 show, being played the tape!

Attachments

• Brown making his apology on the radio!.jpg
    Brown making his apology on the radio!.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 213

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
thats one way of looking at it, but slightly misses the point that this is what the PM thinks of his electorate. I dont know what she said, but i'd wager it was fairly typical of northern urban opinions and he has just alienated them. oops.

wish i had said that instead of a half baked poisonous rant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
yes if you want to be led by a complete C UNT.

Mind you you fancied milliband for PM the other day so like prisoners and looneys you are disqualified.

I didnt mean I wanted him as PM. I had posted a lot of stuff about how the hung parliament would work, and suggested that the top job could also be up for grabs....and that Milliband would get it if Brown was ousted. To be honest I'm not really sure who I want as leader at the mo.

Victory for me though, will be NOT David Cameron. Being realistic I think a hung parliament is my best bet. I've made no secret of this. I also think this election has the potential to be historic in the sense that there is a very strong likelihood of a hung parliament which will eventually lead to proportional representation....which will result in a big and long lasting change in the political landscape, and push The Conservative Party right to the margins. There are many more progressive, left wing, centre-left, green voters than there are rights and Tories. We could witness history in the making next week.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

What all leaders would say in private? call her a bigot , because she dares express concerns over immigration ? :facepalm:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it is sad. Who has never dropped a brick in their lives ?. Certainly not me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What all leaders would say in private? call her a bigot , because she dares express concerns over immigration ? :facepalm:

If she disagreed with them I am sure Cameron and Clegg would react the same way.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It just goes to show how vacant politics is. Sadly, if he had challenged her on the spot with her supposed bigoted views, there would be a witch hunt for him.

He probably isn't the first and won't be the last leader to say something similar, just so happened he got caught out.
According to the Sky reporter she was ushered to Brown to answer her questions and he said they were on all topics one being imigration, she even thanked him for the education situation in her home town, apparently he did a good job face to face with her too, what an idiot. :facepalm:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I think it is sad. Who has never dropped a brick in their lives ?. Certainly not me.

yes but to be fair unc if you sell someone a mortgage where the tracker is only for 6 months or something loads of lads are not going to die in afghanistan.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

Acording to Sky News, it was his choice to put it on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here