Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Have just read the player ratings from the OP and couldn't believe that the summary of his performance was "too many hoofs up field" (or words to that effect). Crazy. Thought he had a great game.

From where I stood, Greer was our best player today. Goal saving tackle in the first half, possible goal saving yellow card picked up in the second - total team player. The bloke was organising all match; no idea why he doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves.

We are lucky to have this good Scotsman as our captain, respect to Gordon Greer.

Jan 21, 2012
Totally agree. I thought he was M.O.M today. He is a quality player and a worthy captain.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He played like a king today.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Had a good game again,must take some credit for nurturing Dunky,a good pro and good for a youngster to play alongside.Scotland call up well overdue!

Pumba04

Jan 27, 2011
Burgess Hill
Have to say think that's GG best game this season, Dunk played well too. Thought ElAbd looked good as well. Greers tackle was quality

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Have to say think that's GG best game this season, Dunk played well too. Thought ElAbd looked good as well. Greers tackle was quality

Hav to say I think that was Adams worst home game since he returned.....looked nervous in a way....centre is by far his best place....as an aside him n drinkwater were having a fair old battle most of game

big gull

Feb 2, 2012
LA (the sussex version)
We certainly miss him when he's not there and I don't have a problem with a defender occasionally booting it long (when needs must). Just needs to improve on his disciplinary record a bit. he was solid today

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Opening poster on ratings thread is a joker on that evidence. Calde had a good game, often free 2nd half on the right without being found by midfield players. Greer was very solid.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought El Abd was sound against tricky & so called high class opponents assembled at great cost. Calderon was the weak link with snails pace.
Calderon was getting slaughtered in the last 20 mins but had been solid up until then. El Abd just keeps amazing me.

I thought Greer was decent today (a few misplaced passes), as were Bridcutt and Navarro, but my MOM was Lewis Dunk. Won EVERYTHING in the air, and superb distribution.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove

This post is a classic example of what I just do not get, blinkered regional thinking. Lewis Dunk is from Brighton, Gordon Greer is from Glasgow; there lies the difference.

Greer is schooling Dunk and training him up to be a quality defender. Our captain was immense today - a "few mispaced passes" my arse. Time to give our Scottish skipper a little more respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here