Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Brown - Out of Order

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
you have to wonder when this type of circus will end.

Will it be a wounded soldier, whose final act was to phone up No 10 to tell the PM he is a useless ****?

This story, the McCann actions and saga are just gradually dragging this country down to gutter politics and with that a gutter society.
LC i have to note that NOWHERE in this post does it mention any shootings withina 100m radius of your house :angry::angry::angry:

LC i have to note that NOWHERE in this post does it mention any shootings withina 100m radius of your house :angry::angry::angry:

How are you? Annoying the locals as per usual :wrong:

Its getting worst out there mate. 5 in the last week!!!!!!!

I think we need to bring smoe of your mates back here, they will do a lot more good and with your experience, Hackney could becmoe a tranquill little village, with sunsets every night.

I think we need to bring smoe of your mates back here, they will do a lot more good and with your experience, Hackney could become a tranquill little village, with sunsets every night.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
The " big " news story of today is Gordon Brown making some spelling mistakes in a personal hand written letter to the Mother of a casualty of Afghanistan.

The bashing of Brown for this and the front page headling in the Sun is victimisation as its worst.

Brown also has poor eyesight and the fact he took time out to write a personal letter is to be commended.

The accusation that he somehow deliberately would write a letter mis spelling the Man's name is ridiculous and offensive.

The Mother has scored an own goal with this and make you wonder what her motives are or if the Sun paid for her " story ".

A sad day and a new low for British Jouirnalism.

BBC NEWS | Politics | PM apologises over soldier letter

What an odious woman. We all make mistakes, but to express her displeasure via the front-page of the Sun is reprehensible and says a lot about her character (or lack of).

In fact, speaking to a Hove Parkers who went to school with some of her kids she is apparantly one of life's less unsavoury persons.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

I think we need to bring smoe of your mates back here, they will do a lot more good and with your experience, Hackney could become a tranquill little village, with sunsets every night.
how are you mate ? been looking out for you in the lift, heard about your IT director, you sure its not DAS REICH ???:lolol::lolol:

how are you mate ? been looking out for you in the lift, heard about your IT director, you sure its not DAS REICH ???:lolol::lolol:

Das cannot be that far right or a total idiot. I like his excuses.

With my best South African typing " I have been managed by a coloured bitch, so I cannot be a racist" and

I actually said "There's a digger in the wood pile":cry:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Sadly for that Mother, nothing can take away her pain of loss, and she's wildly looking around at the slightest distraction or target for her frustration. Anger for Gordon Brown is otherwise misplaced, in the context of his letter of condolence.

see this is what makes me laugh. 'oh she is upset and angry thats understandable', or 'she is being manipulated by the press'.

yes there is no way on earth that she isjustifiably f***ing angry with the cnt for sending a shit letter about her son who died in his and his mates war.

so what if some dickheads at the sun use it as an axe to grind. doesnt change a thing. papers print vindictive shit every day, why the rush to defend brown unless there is another axe to grind somewhere.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
see this is what makes me laugh. 'oh she is upset and angry thats understandable', or 'she is being manipulated by the press'.

yes there is no way on earth that she isjustifiably f***ing angry with the cnt for sending a shit letter about her son who died in his and his mates war.

so what if some dickheads at the sun use it as an axe to grind. doesnt change a thing. papers print vindictive shit every day, why the rush to defend brown unless there is another axe to grind somewhere.

she has every right to be angry - however, it was a war supported by all parties...so not just GB and his mates.

crap, lazy journalism is the axe to grind

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Prime Minister has challenged the grieving mother of a soldier killed in Afghanistan to a US-style televised spelling bee in response to criticism he received after spelling her name incorrectly in a letter of condolence.

In the offending letter Brown used a thick crayon, and referred to the mother of soldier Jamie Janes by the wrong name.

“I would never show disrespect to anyone by spelling something badly,” said Mrs. Janes (Is this right? -ed.)

The Prime Minister, well known for having a head for figures, is “a dark horse when it comes to spelling”, according to one spelling expert.

“It’s kind of ironic that he misspelt her rather simple name when he gets regular practise spelling long words like Incompetence, Recession and Financial-Armageddon.”

Gordon Brown drew fire of his own this week, and not all of it friendly, when he was accused not just of bad spelling but poor penmanship.

The maligned PM has reportedly taken up calligraphy in an effort to improve his writing. He is thought to be working on Baroque Hand and Champignon Serif in an effort to wow the next tranche of bereaved next of kin.

Labour supporters believe the recent events work in the government’s favour, pointing out that a one-eyed man who can’t spell has much in common with the people, or at the very least should secure the crucial pirate vote.

A Conservative spokesman this week said: “I’ve been in politics for 58 years, the writing is on the wall for Labour - though to be honest you can hardly read it.”

Looks like Brown is fighting back

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
totally agree, if he had just quickly signed a pre written typed letter, he would have been attacked for that.

What even you think about Gordon Brown, he should be given some credit for taking the time to hand write a letter. As someone said, this poor mother who has lost her brave son has been used by the Sun, who moved to the gutter then went lower.

Yes, just as well he wasn't wearing a duffle-coat...but then who does nowadays?:shrug:

"Anger for Gordon Brown is otherwise misplaced, in the context of his letter of condolence."

That's why I put that - because if she's angry about her son actually having a war to go to and be killed at - she might have a point.
Still, you must have missed that, in your RUSH to grind YOUR axe, sunshine.

It might be worth pointing out too, that if this mother wanted to make that point - it'd be really surprising if she would have held back from doing so. She doesn't come across as a lady who avoids getting to a point, or mincing words instead.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm not the guy's biggest fan, but I actually feel sorry for him over this Scribblegate situation. Stand by for loads more gratuitous Brown-bashing now - what with the cheeky 'Currant Bun' (ie Murdoch) having recently nailed its colours to the Cameron mast. It reminds me of their highly effective hatchet-job on John Major after they endorsed the Blair roadshow. Who'd have thought? :rolleyes:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Feel quite sorry for Golden Brown,as he is very obviously out of his depth in the job he sneaked into,without any public vote.Sooner he either clears off,or puts himself to the vote,same thing really,the better.Found his letter totally disrespectful,can't even get the family name right.No way can you blame his failure to bow at the Cenotaph on dodgy vision-just not interested in other peoples sacrifices.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think this is scandalous journalism where this poor woman has been hung out to dry.

The rights and wrongs of the war are not the issue this is pure crap set up journalism and just sets the standards for where we are now.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I guess a reasonable theoretical benchmark we can apply to this issue is whether Brown's 'personal' approach to bereaved families of killed soldiers would be equally appropriate to a written apology he might make to the family of Charles de Menezes (I say theoretical because I'm not certain if one was made to be fair).

If you think a handwritten apology, warts and all is OK, then so be it.

If not, QED.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Sun seemed to have backed off a bit now, after people disagreed so much with their aggressive pursuit of Brown's scalp.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Sun seemed to have backed off a bit now, after people disagreed so much with their aggressive pursuit of Brown's scalp.

..and after they spelled the mother's name incorrectly on their own website

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here