Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Brown - Out of Order

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
That's a trick that Griffin has missed out on - he could have been sending letters of condolence to the mothers of brave Servicepeople. Such as Aminiasi Togi, Petero Suesue, Kumar Pun, Kirishnabahadur Dura, Yubraj Rai, Ratu Babakobau, Joseph Windall, Arare Draiva - and how about Olaf Schmidt, the EOD SSGT? Non-Brit parents for that one as well, not sure how one-eyed Nick would have dealt with that...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is it only me who noticed in the tv news report that the " disrespected" mother of the soldier said " I didn't even read it all, I just threw it in the bin" this accompanied by a picture of said " disrespectful " letter ?

So, she either lied about not reading it all,or throwing in the bin could be a euphanism for forwarding something to The Stun or finally a journalists life is getting worse with having to go through someones garbage for a story.. you decide !

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
İbrahim Tatlıses;3207576 said:
Pathetic isn't it.

They conveniently neglect to mention the fact that he has impaired vision which compromises his handwriting.

The Sun picking on someone for having impaired vision and making an error in a handwritten letter...didn't think journalism could stoop any lower...is this on par with the faked abuse pictures from the Mirror during the second Iraq war...quite possibly!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
You cannot win with wives and mothers of dead servicepeople. To be honest it is better to apologise and keep silent, this blew up at the start of the first Iraq tussle when a helicopter went down and the wife of an RN Serviceman (Ian Seymour) was on the telly on a regular basis because the admin system dropped bricks everywhere, sending out automatic unchecked letters asking for refunds of overpayments, eviction from MOD Quarters letters, etc. The papers got hold of her and milked it all...

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
I was thinking it must be a slow news day earlier when i saw this... you could see by the letter his handwriting was awfull and it wasn't just his name he spelt wrong... there were several other spelling mistakes. Give the guy a break... it's better than receiving a "template letter" where they just change the name! The media will moan about pretty much anything! If world peace was declared they complain the paper it was written on wasn't made from recycled bog roll! :shrug:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
That's a trick that Griffin has missed out on - he could have been sending letters of condolence to the mothers of brave Servicepeople. Such as Aminiasi Togi, Petero Suesue, Kumar Pun, Kirishnabahadur Dura, Yubraj Rai, Ratu Babakobau, Joseph Windall, Arare Draiva - and how about Olaf Schmidt, the EOD SSGT? Non-Brit parents for that one as well, not sure how one-eyed Nick would have dealt with that...

Why do you think he would have a problem :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Poor bastard can't do anything right in the eyes of some.

But Gordon Brown is a deeply decent man and he'll continue to be a deeply decent man long after he's been hounded out of office by people not fit to lick his windows.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I genuinely belive Brown is fundamentally a decent and honourable Man. I just disagree with just about very one of his policies that is all. Still he is a decent Man and this circus today is reprehensible.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
It's pathetic, and completely blown out of proportion.
If she wasn't moaning about his poor handwriting, which is no doubt down to his impaired vision, then she would be moaning that he didn't find the time to send her a letter of condolence.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Poor bastard can't do anything right in the eyes of some.

But Gordon Brown is a deeply decent man and he'll continue to be a deeply decent man long after he's been hounded out of office by people not fit to lick his windows.

Is this the deeply decent man who lied to the nation over the EU constitution referendum?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just because his politics is f***ed up and he is useless does not mean he is not a decent Man.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Whilst it may not seem much of a news story to some personally I think the criticism is entirely relevant, and frankly one eye or not he should get things like this absolutely perfect 100% of the time. It is not much to ask is it really, a letter to a bereaved widow; I doubt the US would get something like this so wrong.

Perhaps the most important reason why he should get these things absolutely right is the fact that these soldiers are dying and being disabled is because of his Goverments policy.

Much more concerning,given his apparent disability is the fact that his advisors/secretaries can't be checking what he is sending out to the bereaved families. Grammatical errors, spelling mistakes (particularly of a family name he had already got wrong) and other mistakes are just not acceptable, and it clearly creates the impression that he is not taking the time he should to provide a meaningful and worthwhile testimony to surviving widows/mothers.

But then maybe its more indicative of the state of his Governemnt, i.e. act in haste repent at your leisure.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Whilst it may not seem much of a news story to some personally I think the criticism is entirely relevant, and frankly one eye or not he should get things like this absolutely perfect 100% of the time. It is not much to ask is it really, a letter to a bereaved widow; I doubt the US would get something like this so wrong..

Of course they wouldn't get it wrong. Because they'd send a typed standardized letter which would just have Barack Obama's signature on, which would also have no real meaning to it, rather than a hand written letter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here