Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Brown - Out of Order

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The " big " news story of today is Gordon Brown making some spelling mistakes in a personal hand written letter to the Mother of a casualty of Afghanistan.

The bashing of Brown for this and the front page headling in the Sun is victimisation as its worst.

Brown also has poor eyesight and the fact he took time out to write a personal letter is to be commended.

The accusation that he somehow deliberately would write a letter mis spelling the Man's name is ridiculous and offensive.

The Mother has scored an own goal with this and make you wonder what her motives are or if the Sun paid for her " story ".

A sad day and a new low for British Jouirnalism.

BBC NEWS | Politics | PM apologises over soldier letter

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Completely agree, I read this story this morning and thought it was a complete load of shit, its in the sun though so no surprise.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Yet more proof of what a despicable toe-rag he is.Labour never again

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am not a Brown fan but the circus today over this letter is a disgraceful sleight and insult to his character imo.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The likelihood is that Gordon Brown handwrote the letter from a version that had been typed up by his officials. I know this from my day to day job. In all probability, a civil servant was to blame but the PM could hardly say as much since he would then be accused of trying to shift the blame. Who would be a politician?

franks brother

I feel sorry for this woman because she's being used by The Sun newspaper. To go after Gordon Brown is fine, that's politics, but they're using this grief-stricken woman to get at him.

It's all rather distasteful.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I do feel a bit sorry for Brown over this one. At least he's making the effort to hand write a letter, I'm sure he could just get a laccy to print off a few letters for him to sign.

I'm not quite sure why that silly bint feels the need to go public. Next time she needs medical treatment is she going to start complaining to the doctor for having crap handwriting?

derbyseagull

May 6, 2006
Derby UK
totally agree, if he had just quickly signed a pre written typed letter, he would have been attacked for that.

What even you think about Gordon Brown, he should be given some credit for taking the time to hand write a letter. As someone said, this poor mother who has lost her brave son has been used by the Sun, who moved to the gutter then went lower.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Its extremely hard to write with one eye. Try it yourself! The Sun are just stupid with this story.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The likelihood is that Gordon Brown handwrote the letter from a version that had been typed up by his officials. I know this from my day to day job. In all probability, a civil servant was to blame but the PM could hardly say as much since he would then be accused of trying to shift the blame. Who would be a politician?

Behave Zebs - you know as well as I do that his outer office staff would have checked it and written the envelope for him at the very least. If he has poor eyesight then they would have typed it out in about 24pt font to account for that as well! If the outer office are at fault for this, then they are the ones that should be strung out. It doesn't take much to pull up a service record from the Army Office to check the details are right...

And yes, civilian life is agreeing with me A LOT. Even though I am lecturing on a Uniformed Public Service BTEC, so I've kind of come back full circle! Are you still in the crumbling edifice with the ghosts or have you been allowed to move into one of the new towers of power?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I do feel a bit sorry for Brown over this one. At least he's making the effort to hand write a letter, I'm sure he could just get a laccy to print off a few letters for him to sign.

I'm not quite sure why that silly bint feels the need to go public. Next time she needs medical treatment is she going to start complaining to the doctor for having crap handwriting?
I'm with you on that.First time i will defend Brown

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here