Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goody - About to become the new Princess Diana?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
All the evidence is in the 200 plus messages beneath this News of the World story of the dying 'star's' imminent demise. Positively Chavtastic.

Does this suggest there is now some permanent, irresistible compulsion among previously unemotional Brits to prostrate themselves in hysterical public grief over someone they never knew?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
.......No but everyone has sympathy for a 27 year old mother who is terminally ill.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It represents a remarkable turn around in public opinion for Jade. Max Clifford must be sitting at home just counting the money he has made from this story.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Definitely. It's sad, but photographing her coming out of hospital / going into hospital is just sick

I Agree
I dont like the women at all but i can have sympathy for her children and family but it annoys me that she gets all this coverage yet theres thousands of people dying of this disease yet because its her its all over the front pages
But i guess it being on the papers is a good thing aswell raises awareness

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It represents a remarkable turn around in public opinion for Jade. Max Clifford must be sitting at home just counting the money he has made from this story.

unlikely - he is probably thinking of his wife who he lost to cancer a few years ago. Or maybe his own lucky escape from cancer last year.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
To be honest I had a think about it last night BAG, knowing that I would be on-air today and wondering if the news would break during my show. I really hope not.
After reading the papers this morning I'm now even more concerned. I really feel for her and her family, it's a tragic thing to happen to anyone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
definately NOT. she'll be forgotten within a month.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
She's a tabloid darling but I doubt that they'll erect a memorial in her father's back garden. I think Kerry Katona is in line to be the 'Next Jade'.

I Agree
I dont like the women at all but i can have sympathy for her children and family but it annoys me that she gets all this coverage yet theres thousands of people dying of this disease yet because its her its all over the front pages
But i guess it being on the papers is a good thing aswell raises awareness

It's a tricky one.

I've witnessed a near-identical situation to that of Goody's in the last few weeks. A 31-year-old friend of mine, terminally ill with cancer, got married on January 21st and passed away less than three weeks later. The wedding was both beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time because everyone knew what was just around the corner. Of course there was no press coverage, nor would the families have wanted there to be.

However, tasteless as it might seem at times, I can understand why Goody is doing what she is. She wants to secure her kids' future, and can do that by selling photos, interviews etc, along with raise awareness of her illness - if just a couple of women are saved by having smears when they should then she will have achieved arguably more than she ever did in life.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here