Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye to BBC South Today

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so no, jo kent, no raham, no alexis, no dani, no laura.

this morning we had some arfo carribean bloke reading from a piece of paper..

BTW is it a pre-requisite that when you present the weather on BBC, within the space of 12 months you have to be so pregnant you look like a whale? apart from raham obviously who looks like Miss World!!!

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
as I said on another thread - I think the BBC south east is far superior to south today.

You get the lovely Polly Evans presenting

images

As someone mentioned, there is Kaddy Lee-Preston (best watched with the sound turned down).

There are also some very good back up totty.....sorry, presenters.

Often seen in T Wells. A miserable little dwarf who is clearly plastered in make up. Is rude, arrogant and seems to think she is a celebrity. She's not. She is in fact a twat.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well, Virgin have already thrown the switch, so I can safely say 'goodbye to bad rubbish like Sally 'condescending' Taylor! The first news report this morning contained 3 stories from the Brighton area in the first 5 up, just hope this continues. Mind you, the newsreader was as dull as ditchwater.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
This is TERRIBLE news - who's going to arselick Southampton now?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think you'll be mostly getting news of knifings on the Isle of Sheppey. I get the impression nothing else ever happens there. They are also very fond of sending someone over to Calais to find out more about how the French like to run a ferry service.

What I was asking really was, will my regional news programme be changing, or does this Whitehawk transmitter only affect Brighton & Hove residents. I haven't been in at local evening news time to check.

I have absolutely no idea where my local news comes from (other than the obvious "Southampton").

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What I was asking really was, will my regional news programme be changing, or does this Whitehawk transmitter only affect Brighton & Hove residents. I haven't been in at local evening news time to check.

I have absolutely no idea where my local news comes from (other than the obvious "Southampton").

I believe it's only Whitehawk that is changing and only people in Brighton and Hove will be picking that up. When I was in Mid Sussex I think I picked up a (crap) signal from somewhere like Midhurst.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, that sounds familiar, I think I'm probably on the Midhurst transmitter. Ah well. I shall continue to enjoy the snippets of prime local news from Sandbanks, Basingstoke and the Salisbury ring road then.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Don't forget all that vital sailing news.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't forget all that vital sailing news.

Oh yes, Cowes Week is always a highlight of the Mid Sussex sporting calendar.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
So farewell then,
Alexis weathergirl.

You look like
You'd look great,
Dressed as a
Schoolgirl.

I'm willing to
bet
you've got
a warm front
moving in
from the West.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Oh yes, Cowes Week is always a highlight of the Mid Sussex sporting calendar.

You might be surprised at the amount of people in Sussex that are interested in that sort of thing. Unfortunately South Today doesn't do that very well either.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Now Medway airport.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The first news report this morning contained 3 stories from the Brighton area in the first 5 up, just hope this continues.

Agreed. Much more in the way of Sussex news. I dare say there's probably an element of trying to hook us from day one by chucking in load of Brighton items, but its all good.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rahan has just been on

Wooooohoooo

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hess looks suicidal

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
I live in Hove and after re tuning a getting South today... this means I can follow the plight of the mighty Portsmouth for longer... Oh Lucky Me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here