Good to see the crowds coming back cos of Adams

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The stat that does not lie:

League game 11. 2007/08 under Wilkins, attendance: 3,490
League game 11. 2008/09 under Adams, attendance: 5,606

2,116 extra attendance isn't progress?
You must be a Labour MP with your ability to come up with figures like that!:tosser:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
At the moment there is no sight of a decent crowd until either of the following two happen.

1. The new stadium opens.
2. We start playing a better style of football and actually put a string of results together.

Until either of those happen i can't see more than 5 games a season with over a 6,500 crowd!

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
At the moment there is no sight of a decent crowd until either of the following two happen.

1. The new stadium opens.
2. We start playing a better style of football and actually put a string of results together.

Until either of those happen i can't see more than 5 games a season with over a 6,500 crowd!

My main worry is; will point two just be a temporary fix? I bloody hope not, but can see us selling out for the first few league games and then attendances slipping like mad when the novelty wears off. Especially if we keep playing like we are, we'll be in League Two.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
My main worry is; will point two just be a temporary fix? I bloody hope not, but can see us selling out for the first few league games and then attendances slipping like mad when the novelty wears off. Especially if we keep playing like we are, we'll be in League Two.

I hope the football will improve sooner rather than later !! We need a damn good run to improve crowds until we get to the new stadium. Then the natural balance should begin to show i reckon an average of the following.

If we are in L1 9,000
Championship 15,000

Fingers crossed we can get promoted in the next 3 seasons really.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I hope the football will improve sooner rather than later !! We need a damn good run to improve crowds until we get to the new stadium. Then the natural balance should begin to show i reckon an average of the following.

If we are in L1 9,000
Championship 15,000

Fingers crossed we can get promoted in the next 3 seasons really.

Disagree, less than 9,000 in League 1 and ALOT less than 15,000 in champ

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Couple of games at most

Agree entirely.

The key factor is how the Albion are doing in whatever division they are in. Football fans are fickle, those of the Albion especially so.

If we are flying high pushing for promotion in League 1, we could well draw in 15,000 people towards the end of the season and for the big games.

However, matches when plodding along in mid-table, or lower, in the Championship would see sub-10,000 gates.

There's a huge swathe of folk across Sussex who are now completely out of the habit of going to football on a Saturday afternoon. Something needs to happen to get them to get back into that habit and I'm not convinced Falmer alone will be it - there needs to be some initial significant on-field appeal.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Yeh loads of people our out of habit, our only hope is selling season tickets pre season. Otherwise people wont want to watch is struggle against Hereford in League 1 in an empty stadium.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Didn't we pretty much sell out that Gillingham game last season when tickets were a tenner or so?

we were on a roll, winning games left right and centre, so people wanted to go. But then it got called off because of frost, and put back a few weeks, to a time when we werent playing so well. Luckily people were allowed to reuse their tickets

Luckily for us, it was probably the only time the team have performed infront of a big home crowd*

*until Man City

So far this season, we've played four league games at home against teams that we played last season.

Comparing attendances at those games with last season, the numbers are 15.3 per cent UP.

2008/09; 2007/08

Bristol Rovers 6,210 5,820
Leyton Orient 6,675 6,242
Walsall 5,679 4,717
Cheltenham Town 5,859 4,395

Total 24,423 21,174

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So far this season, we've played four league games at home against teams that we played last season.

Comparing attendances at those games with last season, the numbers are 15.3 per cent UP.

2008/09; 2007/08

Leyton Orient 6,675 6,242
Walsall 5,679 4,717

Total 24,423 21,174
Which quite clearly doesn't mean ANYTHING. I'd be interested to know the figures after 7 home league games in each season.

Considering the extra season tickets purchased by various MUGS on the amusing promise that Adams would do a better job than Wilkins, then anything less than a 500 increase at the gate should be considered a failure.

Along with playing absolute shithouse, failing to beat the bottom two teams in the league, being 3 points from a relegation place and replacing our youngsters with WANK has-beens and never-were's. Adams' re-appointment has been a complete unmitigating disaster just as some of us were predicting it would be.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Which quite clearly doesn't mean ANYTHING. I'd be interested to know the figures after 7 home league games in each season.
I think you'd still find crowds marginally up, which is the only little positive so far. They will soon dwindle back to around 5000 if things keep going the way they are.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
2008/09; 2007/08

Allthough the stats show an increase the circumstances of theses games are different. Bristol Rovers this season was Adams 1st home league game since his return, And the home league game against Cheltenham last season was the 5th game against them that season ( 3rd at home ) where as the game this season also coincided with the Robbie Savage debut so both the games should've seen an increase anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here