Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good to see the crowds coming back cos of Adams

I think you'd still find crowds marginally up, which is the only little positive so far. They will soon dwindle back to around 5000 if things keep going the way they are.

After six league games at Withdean our average gate is currently 5926, our average league gate for last season was 5936. After the first six league games last season our average gate was 6182; this included a "sell-out" against Leeds.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Disagree, less than 9,000 in League 1 and ALOT less than 15,000 in champ
Less than 9k you on drugs?
if we can get 6k now playing dire football in a dire stadium then we can certainly hit 10k+ easily in league 1.

reckon if we are in league 1 with falmer you will see around 8k+ season tickets .:thumbsup:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
After six league games at Withdean our average gate is currently 5926, our average league gate for last season was 5936. After the first six league games last season our average gate was 6182; this included a "sell-out" against Leeds.
I'm surprised at that. So without the Leeds crowd it would be roughly the same? So there are NO positives then. :down:

I'm surprised at that. So without the Leeds crowd it would be roughly the same? So there are NO positives then. :down:

Depends how you look at it I guess. Our average gate is standing up so far whereas most league 1 club attendances are significantly down apart from Huddersfield and Swindon (who had some really cheap season ticket deals) and Oldham and Millwall (who've both improved this season).
I assume our season ticket offers have added some punters, particularly amongst the U21's, but many like myself would have purchased during March/April to get a discount so weren't expecting to see the manner of performance that's been served up at home so far this season.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
You can be assured the first few games at falmer will sell-out

Yup I would go along with that, if we can take 30,000 to Wales, then we can certaintly fill 20k in our own backyard:thumbsup:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Was it really 5600 for the Hereford game? That tbh is a lot higher than I thought it was going to be.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I think with recent home performances anyone who went (since Man City) has probably decided f*** this I aint goin back.

Indeed even a couple of season ticket holders I know have said if it wasnt for the fact that they have already paid in advance they would probably give the football a miss for a bit.

Well done Mickey! :clap: :clap:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Well I think with recent home performances anyone who went (since Man City) has probably decided f*** this I aint goin back.

Indeed even a couple of season ticket holders I know have said if it wasnt for the fact that they have already paid in advance they would probably give the football a miss for a bit.

what is more fun than this??

09-2353-70_velvet_bag.jpg

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Last week Mr Burns (not the Simpsons character but the NSC poster) said that Wilkins was sacked not because of man-management or 'Hammondgate' but because some clueless tosser, sorry, one of our esteemed Board members though that Adams would bring back the crowds.

Assuming for the minute that that is true do you think that the ignorant cretin, sorry, astute businessman, concerned is pleased with the current figures?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Sums it up for me. Before Saturday, I'd been to every home league game, and the Man City game. This week, I couldn't really afford to go to football, but my reaction was a bit like oh well, bollocks we're playing shit anyway. Had we not been playing shit, I might have tried a bit harder to get the dosh together to go.

For the first time EVER, in my life supporting the Albion, I wasn't really that bothered that I couldn't go.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Sums it up for me. Before Saturday, I'd been to every home league game, and the Man City game. This week, I couldn't really afford to go to football, but my reaction was a bit like oh well, bollocks we're playing shit anyway. Had we not been playing shit, I might have tried a bit harder to get the dosh together to go.

For the first time EVER, in my life supporting the Albion, I wasn't really that bothered that I couldn't go.

Likewise (although did miss Scunny)/ If you try you can usually find a cheap ticket but sometimes it doesn't seem worth the effort, especially when it turns out to be a frstrating and wasted afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here