Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good to see Gus knows how to control his players

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dunno how any manager can foot the blame for a player doing something stupid. Gus isn't on the pitch remember! I think managers get blamed for stuff well beyond their control sometimes...

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Can someone please put this on the main board? I want to see some serious backtracking from the lickers

You make me laugh yes barnes has been sent off again but a lot of other good players have been sent off on more than one occasion on bigger stages and some have become massive footballers if everyone had hung beckham out to dry including his manger where would he be now its fooball get over it.loads of people on here think your Palace which if your not is kinda sad as what does it say about your support for the albion if everyone thinks your against them.
So start putting some decent threads up because you clearly haveva brain and if you are palace ignore the above and carry on spourting your hatred

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The Barnes apologists can wriggle as much as they like but they have to understand the anger that this player has created. Before today we were down to two strikers. Forget Buckley, KLL, Vicente or anyone else....TWO!
Now its down to one.
In 45+ years of watching the Albion this is probably the most unprofessional and irresponsible act, given the circumstances the club were in, to take place.
To brush this under the carpet as overreaction is so misguided as to call into question these people's judgement. In football history the only hotheads who have been tolerated are the talented ones. Barnes is not one of these. He is a journeyman who isn't going to improve. A division 1 player at best.
How is a player regarded in the dressing room when he regularly lets his teammates down? Players want to see control in the heat of battle. Players want to trust their colleagues.
There is no place in this club for immaturity, petulance and ignorance. A professional has to take responsibility for his actions. He has to be able, in the heat of the moment, to take a deep breath and consider the consequences, before lashing out.
Anything that Barnes achieves is negated by his complete disregard for his club and teammates.
If there is anyone left out there who still thinks that he can change and learn, then you are deluding yourselves and in for a very,very long wait. Its his nature. Its in his make-up and genes. He can't control himself and will continue to let us all down over and over again.
He's had more chances than most and to persevere with him, after this and show blind loyalty will alienate the majority of fans. They feel hugely let down, have lost all trust in the player and are now questioning the judgement of the manager.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Well we all put it with you...same thing isent it lol

In English?

If you're trying to say you put UP with me then there's this handy little ignore feature... Besides I'm not the one that gets payed thousands of pounds a week to dive, sulk, stamp my feet, cry to the ref, embarrass myself, let my workmates down consistently and general just be a spoilt brat.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Barnes is ALWAYS a sending off waiting to happen as he goes around with his little vendattas and sly two footed challenges and his moaning. The fact its only happened twice this season is the only surprise.

HOWEVER leta be honest its the Uruguay of old trait (think mexico 86) so i can see why Gus LOVES him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here