Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good to see Crawley thinking big

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Seeing as Whitehawk turned us over in pre-season, I think we have competitive rivals in Brighton, let alone looking across the whole county.

THIS

If I was truly Christian I'd wish Crawley well. But for some reason I just can't forget the uncaring attitude of the club and the town council when the Albion needed help in 1997 - with their support we wouldn't have had to go to Gillingham for two seasons.

Crawley never seems like a Sussex town anyway.

And THIS

Crawley just seems in limbo really, not quite Sussex, not quite Surrey. Strange. Its fair to say it has no identity really.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I was truly Christian I'd wish Crawley well. But for some reason I just can't forget the uncaring attitude of the club and the town council when the Albion needed help in 1997 - with their support we wouldn't have had to go to Gillingham for two seasons.

Crawley never seems like a Sussex town anyway.
It wasn't the club's fault, it was entirely down to their town council.

Crawley probably doesn't feel like a Sussex town because it is a new town containing London overspill. The number of people on here talking about how full of Palace it is - that's bollocks. It's mostly Chelsea in Crawley. I suspect you'd get similar sentiment towards Telford and MK to be honest.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I would be much more interested in playing the part of Scrotacious the Annoyed. He leads the Trojans on a revenge attack on Greece by cunningly hiding in a giant vat of taramasalata, which had been delivered to the Greeks under the pretence of a peace offering. The trap is then spung, whereupon legend has it that the Greek army is beaten to death with their own breadsticks.

If my memory serves me right there is a lurid love scene with Sharon of Croydon, involving souvlaki and despicable use of a bouzouki. Pauline Quirke has been cast as Sharon - will you be 'up' for it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If my memory serves me right there is a lurid love scene with Sharon of Croydon, involving souvlaki and despicable use of a bouzouki. Pauline Quirke has been cast as Sharon - will you be 'up' for it?

No, thats that other greek war movie. Acropolis Now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have been to Crawley PLENTY of times. So that rules me out then as someone who has never been there but sneers at it.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
It wasn't the club's fault, it was entirely down to their town council.

Crawley probably doesn't feel like a Sussex town because it is a new town containing London overspill. The number of people on here talking about how full of Palace it is - that's bollocks. It's mostly Chelsea in Crawley. I suspect you'd get similar sentiment towards Telford and MK to be honest.

I think it's the HB&B's that sneer at Crawley tbh. Instead of being a dull middle class commuter town like East Grinstead or Haywards Heath, it's more a working class kind of a place, where things get built and people aren't worrying about taking jemima Pony riding. Oh and when i lived there, the locals i knew mostly supported West Ham.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it's the HB&B's that sneer at Crawley tbh. Instead of being a dull middle class commuter town like East Grinstead or Haywards Heath, it's more a working class kind of a place, where things get built and people aren't worrying about taking jemima Pony riding. Oh and when i lived there, the locals i knew mostly supported West Ham.
I live 8 miles from Crawley and regularly go there to shop. You're pretty much spot on about the hb&b sneering types.

It's far superior to East Grinstead which dull, boring and shit. Probably my least favourite Sussex town and worse than Haywards Heath.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bloody HATE driving in Crawley though.
I find it really confusing for some reason.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I bloody HATE driving in Crawley though.
I find it really confusing for some reason.
f*** me, have you ever driven in BRIGHTON?

This is the sort of sneering Scampi is alluding to. Driving in and out of Crawley is a PICNIC compared to pretty much every other mid sized town (or bigger) in the county.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
f*** me, have you ever driven in BRIGHTON?

This is the sort of sneering Scampi is alluding to. Driving in and out of Crawley is a PICNIC compared to pretty much every other mid sized town (or bigger) in the county.

Who said I was SNEERING ?

I just find it bewildering there. I've driven in plenty of towns, including Brighton (used to be a courier in years gone by). But for some reason my FEMALE side comes out when I'm driving round Crawley. I lose my bearings and end up tangled up in one of the (numerous) one-way system bits heading in TOTALLY the wrong direction, and usually end up driving round the perimeter fence at GATWICK.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who said I was SNEERING ?

I just find it bewildering there. I've driven in plenty of towns, including Brighton (used to be a courier in years gone by). But for some reason my FEMALE side comes out when I'm driving round Crawley. I lose my bearings and end up tangled up in one of the (numerous) one-way system bits heading in TOTALLY the wrong direction, and usually end up driving round the perimeter fence at GATWICK.
I hope you're not going to Swindon. There's a comical roundabout there. If you're this much of a FANNY in Swindon, you'll still be on it by the time the second half kicks off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hope you're not going to Swindon. There's a comical roundabout there. If you're this much of a FANNY in Swindon, you'll still be on it by the time the second half kicks off.

Its not the roundabouts. Its the ONE WAYS.
And the fact that EVERYWHERE looks the same.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I work in Crawley and its really not that bad, I wish someone would just open up a decent sandwich shop.

The best place for a sandwich is that Portugese place in that alleyway round the back of that church, the name of which I can never quite remember.

And Easy is bang on about it being easy to lose your bearings whilst driving. Especially round Asda and that bit where the Bowling place is. Or up from Three Bridges towards Gatwick.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And Easy is bang on about it being easy to lose your bearings whilst driving. Especially round Asda and that bit where the Bowling place is. Or up from Three Bridges towards Gatwick.

Yep or trying to get to the cinema. NIGHTMARE. Amount of times I have gone round and round past the KFC.

Sorry Sim but Im afraid Crawley for me is part of the Reigate/Redhill/Crawley AXIS of evil. Soulless places that time forgot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here