Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good to see Crawley thinking big

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The best place for a sandwich is that Portugese place in that alleyway round the back of that church, the name of which I can never quite remember.

And Easy is bang on about it being easy to lose your bearings whilst driving. Especially round Asda and that bit where the Bowling place is. Or up from Three Bridges towards Gatwick.

Estrleca or somethingl like that, it's just over the road from me and is horrendously over priced for the quality, I want a TFIs or something like that. There must be thousands of office workers in Crawley wanting somewhere decent to just nip out and get a sandwich. Anyone who opens up a reasonably priced and decent sandwich place in Crawley would make a killing. Fact.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Estrleca or somethingl like that, it's just over the road from me and is horrendously over priced for the quality, I want a TFIs or something like that. There must be thousands of office workers in Crawley wanting somewhere decent to just nip out and get a sandwich. Anyone who opens up a reasonably priced and decent sandwich place in Crawley would make a killing. Fact.

In days gone by when I was working in Brighton, there was a deli place around the corner, and they used to make up loads of sarnies and baguettes and come round the local offices every morning with a big basket to sell them.

You could even pre-order what you wanted from them the day before, and they'd potter round with it the next morning in amongst all the other stuff. Doesn't seem to go on any more (at least certainly not up here in the Heath). Someone doing that would INDEED make a killing.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
f*** me, have you ever driven in BRIGHTON?

This is the sort of sneering Scampi is alluding to. Driving in and out of Crawley is a PICNIC compared to pretty much every other mid sized town (or bigger) in the county.

Last time I drove to Crawley, I took a wrong turning off a roundabout and wrongly decided to carry on, believing my blokeish sense of direction, was more than a match for the backstreets of Crawley. If I hadn't eventually humbly retraced my path, I believe I would still be there now, several months later.

Then there is the bit where you want to go East off the A23 and you have to first go West, then South before re-crossing the 23 and heading west.

However I take your point, if you go wrong on the one way system in Brighton, you are on your own.

Can't see Crawley ever getting that big all the time one side of their supposedly impressive ground is a piddly little pitch level uncovered terrace that can't be expanded upon cos there's a dual carriageway behind it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here