Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good old Harry Redknapp

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Of course there is another English manager, who speaks five languages, has won 8 league titles in Europe, and guided a national team who hadn't previously qualified for a major championship for over 30 years, to a FIFA world ranking of THREE.

yeah, but you have to write him off as he did NOTHING with a side who have a divine right to be in the top four no matter how shithouse their team is

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Of course there is another English manager, who speaks five languages, has won 8 league titles in Europe, and guided a national team who hadn't previously qualified for a major championship for over 30 years, to a FIFA world ranking of THREE.

Yeah but he is not 'appy 'arry who has won the grand total of the FA Cup having spent a small fortune throughout his career and is clearly the greatest tactical manager in the history of the game.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
"Suddenly Spurs have got to be a Champions League team, but this side is more or less the team I took over which was fighting relegation.
Now everyone is saying it will be a disaster if we don't qualify. It was a miracle last time so it would not be a disaster"

:lolol:

He's a weird one isn't he. Its like he says things and somehow thinks they won't get reported on. One minute he's saying Tottenham are good enough to win the league, then he's saying they're not good enough to finish in the top 4. Make your mind up you saggy faced old c**t

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
As much as I hate him for obvious reasons, I think he's a top manager.

He's what England have needed for a long time. The national team has not suceeded coz we've had weak natured foreign managers who don't relate the English culture and the natural mental strengths of the English players. It's this kind of no nonsense approach we need.

f***ing always love watching this:

He's knocker-boy spiv quality, a loose cannon and shifty as.
BUT I think players generally perform under his management, retain a respect for his tactics, and with all his foibles he's
better than a lot of foreign managers - including those we've hired to manage England.
Still, he's definitely the sort that the English FA avaoid like the plague.

Noticeable too, is that he's got expensive players there. Ferguson and Wenger have a little more to wonder at, with their abilities to pick out great players or get top results from less spent.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
As much as I hate him for obvious reasons, I think he's a top manager.

He's what England have needed for a long time. The national team has not suceeded coz we've had weak natured foreign managers who don't relate the English culture and the natural mental strengths of the English players. It's this kind of no nonsense approach we need.

f***ing always love watching this:

that video is his only redeeming feature

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
"Suddenly Spurs have got to be a Champions League team, but this side is more or less the team I took over which was fighting relegation.
Now everyone is saying it will be a disaster if we don't qualify. It was a miracle last time so it would not be a disaster"

:lolol:

To be fair he doesn't have much to work with, what with the distinct lack of quality and bare bones nature of his squad...

Champions League - Spurs have most internationals in Europe - Yahoo! Eurosport

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
He is a baggy-faced arsehole. The way that **** moans on, you would have thought he had a squad of 11 players, his wife on the bench and him doubling as the kit man. Wake up Harry and realise that you are incredibly lucky to be at a club with a chairman who is happy to spend a lot of money on the right players. You fool no-one with your boring delusions that the world, football in general and probably God are against you. Change the f***ing record.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
The attack is top quality but the defence is shaky. And WHO is saying it will be a disaster if Spurs don't get past AC Milan. The Italians have to start favourites there.

Harry needs to ship out Keane and replace him with a better striker. If he gets through Milan he'll need one of King or Woodgate to stay fit to have any chance of a trophy.

Top quality attack? No league goals for Defoe this season. 4 strikers have 6 league goals between them. Top,top quality.

And, NOBODY is saying that will be a disaster. The original quote is about qualifying next season.

Apart from that, good points.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Personally, I think he'd be making a big mistake if he took the England job.

At Spurs he has a supportive chairman, the fans right behind him, Champions League football, a great squad, a club free of money worries with planning permission for a new stadium already obtained. There's only a handful of jobs in football like this and yet to take the England job would mean guaranteed grief for at least 2 years. Who needs it when you're in your mid-60s?

He's got a better chance of winning big trophies with Spurs than he has with England. The pool of talent at the England manager's disposal is piss-poor - our best striker has scored 2 goals all season. I watched a bit of England - Cameroon last night and 7 or 8 of that side would walk into this England team, maybe more.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Top quality attack? No league goals for Defoe this season. 4 strikers have 6 league goals between them. Top,top quality.

And, NOBODY is saying that will be a disaster. The original quote is about qualifying next season.

Apart from that, good points.

Defoe has been injured for much of the season. Anyway, the attack doesn't simply consist of strikers. In Modric, Bale, Lennon and VanDer Vaart there isn't a more dangerous combo in the country. They're top scorers in the Champions League this season, averaging 3 goals a game. How can you say they haven't got a top quality attack?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
We're talking about the league. Unless their strikers pick up they'll finish nowhere near the top four. If you rely on your midfielders to score your goals who is going to protect the defence?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Hopefully this time next year the only foreigners Harry will be picking will be which asylum-seeking fellow inmates will be the lucky ones to double-end him. Crooked **** deserves to be in jail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here