Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good old Harry Redknapp

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
redknapp would be a f***ing disaster as england manager. id give it two or three interviews until he starts mentioning being down to the "bare bones" and saying its a miracle he is even able to get 11 players onto the pitch. every club he has been at he has spent a substantial amount of money overhauling no matter what he may try and claim, and unfortunately international football means he won't be able to sign 50 players

he's been incredibly lucky in his career that he took over a pompey that were willing to spend an obscene amount of money that they didn't have so he could win an fa cup by playing outside of the rules, and that he took over a side that had failed to qualify for the champions league because of a food poisoning outbreak that had been utterly raped my appointing a manager who had no clue of how to manage in england and subsequently had a half decent squad of players in the relegation zone

simple answer to the question - don't appoint an englishman. if redknapp is the best we have to offer then it is no surprise we are totally screwed as a national team

I wasn't saying I want him as our next manager, simply that people always bang on about Englishman this and Englishman that, and he wold be our best option on that front. Hiddink is the man for me.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
How would Redknapp cope with approximately 1,500 professional Englishman to choose from?

use the phrase "bare bones" and tell a journo to "f*** off" if he dares ask him a question he doesnt like i imagine

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really cannot see the FA hiring Redknapp as England manager. England are safe. Besides, he'll probably be sewing mail bags by then.

Mar 13, 2008
"Suddenly Spurs have got to be a Champions League team, but this side is more or less the team I took over which was fighting relegation.
Now everyone is saying it will be a disaster if we don't qualify. It was a miracle last time so it would not be a disaster"

:lolol:
Really?

He has signed Jermaine Defoe, Robbie Keane, Wilson Palacios, Peter Crouch, Niko Kranjcar, Sebastian Bassong, Carlo Cudicini ,Pascal Chimbonda, Sandro, Rafael van der Vaart. Kyle Walker, Steven Pienaar, Bongani Khumalo, Younes Kaboul and Kyle Naughton.
And has spent over £110million.

Thats 15 players he has sign out of a current squad of 28.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
'Arry took over after 8 games at Spurs, and whilst they'd had a poor start, they were hardly "battling relegation".
Nobody is battling relegation in OCTOBER ffs.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
'Arry took over after 8 games at Spurs, and whilst they'd had a poor start, they were hardly "battling relegation".
Nobody is battling relegation in OCTOBER ffs.

We were.
It was only the win away at Hull in Febuary when we even looked like staying up - after that we won about 8 of the next 10 games, and came 8th.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
We were.
It was only the win away at Hull in Febuary when we even looked like staying up - after that we won about 8 of the next 10 games, and came 8th.

there was nothing "miraculous" about it though, despite redknapps claims. regardless of what that deformed old prick says, that spurs squad was always good enough to stay up. any manager with an open cheque book and a half decent knowledge of english football could have kept them up

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We were.

Sorry, but 8 games into the season NOBODY is fighting the drop. Its a run of form.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Really?

He has signed Jermaine Defoe, Robbie Keane, Wilson Palacios, Peter Crouch, Niko Kranjcar, Sebastian Bassong, Carlo Cudicini ,Pascal Chimbonda, Sandro, Rafael van der Vaart. Kyle Walker, Steven Pienaar, Bongani Khumalo, Younes Kaboul and Kyle Naughton.
And has spent over £110million.

Thats 15 players he has sign out of a current squad of 28.

Chimbonda is at Blackburn now but I'm sure he's signed more i.e Gallas maybe Modric etc.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't like Spurs, but I would like Redknapp to be next England manager. He has time and again put a team together that plays good football and wins. You can all say that he only gets success by buying players, but that makes him no different to any other top flight manager that would be a candidate. and so what if he tries to perpetuate this wheeler-dealer image, it hardly matters.

Next England manager, indeed any England manager, should be both a winner and have intimate knowledge and experience of English football. Which leaves a shortlist of Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Redknapp and Benitez. Most don't want the job leaving Redknapp as the best choice.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
But they're not going to go for an Englishman, I think the FA have realised that particular cupboard is bare.

Unless they go for Holloway - that would liven up post-match press conferences.

Ian Holloway for England Manager - with Ian Wright and Stuart Pearce as his Assistants, and Julian Dicks as Chief Fitness Coach - you know it makes sense! :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Southampton, West Ham. All have two things in common. Redknapp has managed them all and they have either gone into or been on the brink of liquidation... coincidence?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Next England manager, indeed any England manager, should be both a winner and have intimate knowledge and experience of English football. Which leaves a shortlist of Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Redknapp and Benitez. Most don't want the job leaving Redknapp as the best choice.

Redknapp a winner? In nearly 20 years of football management, he's won three things: the old Div 3, the old Div 2 and the FA Cup (against a second division team). Besides, I think he'd find it hard to manage the England team when he's banged up in Wandsworth nick.

Mar 13, 2008
Chimbonda is at Blackburn now but I'm sure he's signed more i.e Gallas maybe Modric etc.
Forgot about that. I think he signed Gallas but not Modric. Still A lot of players and makes his point completely bollocks.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How would Redknapp cope with approximately 1,500 professional Englishman to choose from?

Moan to the press about the "impossible conditions, for sure" he's working under and try to pick Niko Kranjcar and Lassana Diarra anyway?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We were.

Don't be so bloody RIDICULOUS :lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Nevertheless, one of a handful of 'winners'

the only other english manager who is actually alive, in work and has won something meaningful was torn about by the press when he had the job

there is nobody english good enough to take it

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
the only other english manager who is actually alive, in work and has won something meaningful was torn about by the press when he had the job

there is nobody english good enough to take it

Of course there is another English manager, who speaks five languages, has won 8 league titles in Europe, and guided a national team who hadn't previously qualified for a major championship for over 30 years, to a FIFA world ranking of THREE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here