Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good old Harry Redknapp

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Suddenly Spurs have got to be a Champions League team, but this side is more or less the team I took over which was fighting relegation.
Now everyone is saying it will be a disaster if we don't qualify. It was a miracle last time so it would not be a disaster"

:lolol:

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Can people seriously think this guy should be the next England manager?

Does he realise he can only pick English players and not just go and buy expensive foreigners?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Will be 5-10 points, if not more, away from the Top Four...unless he buys a decent striker. I think he's realised that we're not actually very good. Infact, WE'RE SHIT without Bale.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
What about without R.VDV??

Having, at the moment, the best left sided player in the world in your teams is more of an impact.

Luka Modric is easily in the top 5 players in the world on form, too. Way to good for Tottenham , if truth be told.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
As much as I think this bloke is a tosser, he is a top manager.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The attack is top quality but the defence is shaky. And WHO is saying it will be a disaster if Spurs don't get past AC Milan. The Italians have to start favourites there.

Harry needs to ship out Keane and replace him with a better striker. If he gets through Milan he'll need one of King or Woodgate to stay fit to have any chance of a trophy.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As much as I think this bloke is a tosser, he is a top manager.

It must be true, he tells us often enough.

If I had a quid for every time that shyster has used the word "miracle" to describe his own achievements in football, I'd have enough to buy the house next door to him in Sandbanks.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the same team? who the f*** is he trying to kid :lolol:

the bloke is a tosser of the highest order. the day he gets the england job is the day i hammer a rusty nail through my foreskin

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
the same team? who the f*** is he trying to kid :lolol:

the bloke is a tosser of the highest order. the day he gets the england job is the day i hammer a rusty nail through my foreskin

With everyone calling for an Englishman who else is there though? Hodgson? Hahaha. 'Big' Sam? Harry is the best shout.

Last edited:

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
And this, unfortunately, is why we will win f*** all for the foreseeable future

This and the vastly overrated players...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Will everyone calling for an Englishman who else is there though? Hodgson? Hahaha. 'Big' Sam? Harry is the best shout.

But they're not going to go for an Englishman, I think the FA have realised that particular cupboard is bare.

Unless they go for Holloway - that would liven up post-match press conferences.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
TBH as a Liverpool supporter you couldn't recognise a good manager if he f***ed you up the arse.

I think if anything I can spot one easily. I also support Brighton, so if teams you support has any effect on 'spotting a good manager' then it seems we may be on the same level.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Will everyone calling for an Englishman who else is there though? Hodgson? Hahaha. 'Big' Sam? Harry is the best shout.

redknapp would be a f***ing disaster as england manager. id give it two or three interviews until he starts mentioning being down to the "bare bones" and saying its a miracle he is even able to get 11 players onto the pitch. every club he has been at he has spent a substantial amount of money overhauling no matter what he may try and claim, and unfortunately international football means he won't be able to sign 50 players

he's been incredibly lucky in his career that he took over a pompey that were willing to spend an obscene amount of money that they didn't have so he could win an fa cup by playing outside of the rules, and that he took over a side that had failed to qualify for the champions league because of a food poisoning outbreak that had been utterly raped my appointing a manager who had no clue of how to manage in england and subsequently had a half decent squad of players in the relegation zone

simple answer to the question - don't appoint an englishman. if redknapp is the best we have to offer then it is no surprise we are totally screwed as a national team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here