Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good News....................

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
For me anyway................I have just had an e mail inviting me to an interview for a job this Wednesday :banana::cheers: to many this may not be a big deal.....to me I can assure you it is :)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Good luck!

Hopefully it's PC based and you can continue your anti spam duties here?

Thanks, It's not PC based, but never fear I will be continuing my war against the spammers................(for one silly minute I thought you were being sarcastic :) )

I appreciate all the kind words, I know I am not the only one looking for work on here, I also know how hard it is getting a job, an interview is at least a start, long way to go yet, i also wish the best of luck to all those who are looking for work, i honestly do know how difficult it is.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Best of luck, Hitony.

I am struggling to gain an interview all types of jobs.

Applying for entry level jobs, they wonder why a 30 year old with a degree would want a job suitable for a 16 year old school leaver and so on... Also, there is the obvious suspicion that I might not stick around for long.

Being hard of hearing is proving to be a problem as I can't use a telephone - I can handle a conversation though as I lip read and hear. Loads of people going for just one or two places per job.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good luck Tony. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Thanks guys, very encouraging good wishes.

BoF I know exactly what you mean, next Sunday I turn the very young age of 56 (as does Lord Bracknell and Doug Deep well they celebrate a birthday maybe not the same age :) ) but I do know all the challenges that are facing many people, I know ageism does exist, it shouldn't but it does, just as many other "isms" do, My CV goes against me most of the time, I'm kindly classed as over qualified in many cases, the fact that I can drive a van as good as any one else matters not, my CV says i haven’t done so!!

Keep going BoF something will come up I'm sure, you do have age on your side, I still have to get this job which is by far a foregone conclusion.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Congratulations - look luck with the interview. Sometimes it's getting that foot in the door that makes all the difference :thumbsup:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Good luck Hitony

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Good luck....you deserve it.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Good luck Hitony. Being in construction (well, deconstruction) I appreciate how tough the last 2/3 years have been for the industry and those employed in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here