Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck to all the LUNATICS doing the London Marathon

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Well done everyone :clap: :clap:

Just standing on Tower Hill watching it was exhausting enough. Didn't see any Albion shirts, sadly: plenty of West Ham for some reason. And the number of BLEEDING NIPPLES was GROTESQUE.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Thanks everyone. Just got home now.

I managed to avoid bleeding nipples but I am CHAFED and red raw elsewhere. With no hope of the wife making it better.

Don't actually feel too bad for it, am sure I will feel worse tomorrow. Had to sit in this chair because my arse is sore. Oo er. It was totally amazing though, the first ten miles were easy, got a bit tricky then but the last ten or so I had run through the pain barrier and were OK. Well impressed with my time though. Was aiming for 3h 55ish. Some crazy people running though - always amazes me. Spoke to so many people at the start who had done no preparation - didn't know about micropore, I wonder did they even get to the end.

Good day out really and my company matched our sponsorship and rounded it up to £20k so super chuffed with that.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
£20k. That is amazing Paddy. I am sure Anastasia is smiling down on you from heaven and probably chuckling at your soreness.

Congrats again mate:clap: :clap: :clap:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I did it today also, completed it in 3 hrs 31mins. Was well chuffed. Last 0.2m utterly killed me.

The crowds were gr8 again.

P.s. the cheeky Brighton fan who was in the baggage handling area, pm me. :lolol:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Well done everyone :clap: :clap:

Just standing on Tower Hill watching it was exhausting enough. Didn't see any Albion shirts, sadly: plenty of West Ham for some reason. And the number of BLEEDING NIPPLES was GROTESQUE.

I met about 3 seagulls on the way around. Quite a few of the baggage handlers were Brighton fans also I noticed.

As for the WH I noticed it as well, prob as they were in the SF today. My gf went to it.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Well done to everyone who ran today - watching it reminded me that we have a charity run to do in 6 weeks, that i still havent started training for! D'oh!!!

Jade Goody didnt finish apparently!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Well done to everyone who ran today - watching it reminded me that we have a charity run to do in 6 weeks, that i still havent started training for! D'oh!!!

Jade Goody didnt finish apparently!

if you saw her pre-run interview it would be obvious why :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

E

enigma

Starry said:
Thanks.

And you're right, Stasia probably is. :)

Definitely. Well done. Top effort. I wil walk most places but running? Never....

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Thanks.

Robbied - Did you see the Leeds lads running? They were running for Bruce Craven and the melanoma charity. Good bunch - our kit man, physios etc.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done to all of you who took part - fantastic effort :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
brighton2win said:
why do your nipples bleed when you run the marathon ???

Try running a few miles in a t shirt/vest with unprotected nipples! The up down motion of the shirt first makes your nipples go hard, then sore, then red they they are rubbed red raw and start bleeding.

Which is why most of the people with a clue use plasters/micropore to cover up, you can always tell the first timers from the people who have ran before! lol

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Starry said:
Thanks.

Robbied - Did you see the Leeds lads running? They were running for Bruce Craven and the melanoma charity. Good bunch - our kit man, physios etc.

No I didn't. They're were a few Leeds fans at the side of the road which was great to see. Had my bro's wearing a few of my Leeds tops so I'd easily recognise them. Great day. Great memories and sore legs.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Well done all of you who did it :clap: :clap:

Did any of you see my Albion brolley? I was on the Embankment for an hour or so at about 1.30pm, saw a hell of a lot of bloody nipples! :sick:

+ a bloke running backwards and a blind runner.

Amazing stuff all round :clap:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here