Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Curry Houses in Brighton

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The Curry Mahal on Portland Road is by far the best in my experience.

Chilli Pickle is like gourmet curry. Not that much on the menu and you certainly won't be ordering popadums for 50p a pop. Overall considering the prices they charge I was fairly un-impressed.

Ashoka on Church Road was shit when I went. Sea of Spice in Rottingdean is very decent though a far cry from the Indian bliss offered by the Mahal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
An additional vote for Hove Tandoori here.

Great service, nice ambiance, great food. :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mister Mix

Sep 3, 2012
f*** it, getting a curry tonight. Best place for a takeaway over east brighton way? Been using empire, massive portions fancy a change though. My best curry takeaway was the the one in westdene

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I am struggling to find a good Indian restaurant that delivers since I moved to Kemptown. I must have tried five or six and all have been foul!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
You are correct. It is crap.

I have to thrid, fourth, and fifth this. It is a terribly ordinary curry house. Their Lamb Balti is tasteless, as for their Lamb Tikka Balti, the lamb hasn't been anywhere near a Tikka spice. I do not know how people think the Ashoka is a good curry house.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Tropical Curryland - guaranteed to give you the runs the next day :thumbsup:

tropicalcurryland.jpg

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
f*** it, getting a curry tonight. Best place for a takeaway over east brighton way? Been using empire, massive portions fancy a change though. My best curry takeaway was the the one in westdene

Try this one. Bloody excellent, very cheap, and always deliver quicker than they say.

http://bhindis.co.uk/

They deliver to me in Patcham, so will probably deliver to brighton_girl87 in Kemp Town too.

Regarding restaurants, I don't believe there is a good one in the town centre. Shahi on Beaconsfield Road is very good though. My favourites are all in Hove. Curry Mahal by a mile. never greasy and excellent food. Indiana is very good too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here