Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Curry Houses in Brighton

Mister Mix

Sep 3, 2012
Try this one. Bloody excellent, very cheap, and always deliver quicker than they say.

http://bhindis.co.uk/

They deliver to me in Patcham, so will probably deliver to brighton_girl87 in Kemp Town too.

Regarding restaurants, I don't believe there is a good one in the town centre. Shahi on Beaconsfield Road is very good though. My favourites are all in Hove. Curry Mahal by a mile. never greasy and excellent food. Indiana is very good too.

Cheers mate looks good

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've had two very successful visits to 'Spice' on the Old Shoreham Road, Hove near what used to be the heart of BHA.

THIS - Spice Tandoori is so underrated.

Special mentions to Indian Summer and Planet India which is one of my favourite restaurants anywhere.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The Raj Pavilion near Preston Circus - rather marvellous.

I think the most telling thing about the Raj is that it's always mobbed on a Friday/Saturday night, despite the shocking exterior décor :lolol: Who picked that colour combo?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Ha!

One of the waiters in the Raj is called Moon. Does any other curry house have a waiter with THAT good a name? I doubt it.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
For a takeaway, you can't beat the Biriyani House on one of the roads just off Davigdor Road (near the pelican crossing), their dhansak is fantastic - just the way it should be, the sweetness is balanced out by lemon.

It is that good, that a dhansak is the benchmark by which I judge all other curries.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Saffrons on Lewes Road at the bottom of Coombe Road.

Good service, good value. very small resturant, they will cook any meals and add/remove spice to your liking.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
desi i think its called oxford street is a very good takeaway

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Chilli pickle is gopping. I like Kemp Spice or if it's still there The Akash on Preston St.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Avoid Noori's. We ate there a while back and the toilets were disgusting. Coupled with the fact that the waiter who was using the same toilet for patrons decided not to wash his hands after doing his business and this was only remedied after being told to wash his hands. Promptly advised my fellow diners to not eat any more as it was the same said waiter who was handling our food, plates, cutlery etc.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If anyone can remember Goa: Spice of Life which is now Planet India and enjoyed Mohammad's food then he is now cooking out of the Chilka House on Baker Street.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The obvious, but supposedly the best by some distance is The Chilli Pickle down by Jubilee Library.

Say what! really, I wouldn't call it a curry house! its a chain restaurant that serves Indian themed foods.

Wasn't great in my opinion.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Eastern Eye on London Road... Bad location, but they do proper Massala Dosa. When I say proper, I mean like they have in India.... Oh and the 'Samosa chat' starter is awesome.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Went to the ganges last night in Hove after being recommended it by jack straw.

Very busy in there and ordered my usual chicken Dhansak and the Doris had chicken biryani.

Food arrived in good time and the first thing i was faced with was this bowl of brown sludge....not your usual dhansak colour or texture.

But from the first mouthful, this was probably the finest Dhansak ive ever tasted. Perfect amount of sweetness and spice. Mrs said her Biryani was top notch too. Washed down with a cobra and a peshwari naan.

Will certainly go there again.

Thanks for the heads up on that one Graeme

Oct 25, 2003
planet india is lovely..........they're ridiculously friendly which is good as it's a bit like having dinner in someones house (including photos of the family all over the place)

and it's cheap as f*** with portion sizes that could feed the chinese army

AND a surprisingly interesting beer list....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to the ganges last night in Hove after being recommended it by jack straw.

Very busy in there and ordered my usual chicken Dhansak and the Doris had chicken biryani.

Food arrived in good time and the first thing i was faced with was this bowl of brown sludge....not your usual dhansak colour or texture.

But from the first mouthful, this was probably the finest Dhansak ive ever tasted. Perfect amount of sweetness and spice. Mrs said her Biryani was top notch too. Washed down with a cobra and a peshwari naan.

Will certainly go there again.

Thanks for the heads up on that one Graeme

A dhansak, in my opinion, is always a good barometer for curry houses due to the sweetness and spice balance as you say. So many places fail to get this right. I agree they make a great dhansak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here