Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Curry Houses in Brighton

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I quite like Indiana, and Ashoka, and that one in Rottingdean - Sea of Spice...but if you're looking for a takeaway, it's GOT to be Nishat Tandoori in Preston Street. Sublime...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With you on that one- very popular with a number of Albion fans who can often be found there. I would add The Curry Mahal which is in Portland Road to the list of good ones.

Indeed. I ALWAYS see [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION] in there every Sunday. In fact, I even switched to a Saturday this week and he was still in there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's posh curry innit. Dont expect a Lamb madras!
Comparing it to Nandos is like comparing Bayern Munich to Palace.

and Nando's is posh chicken, so the comparsion seems suitable.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Indeed. I ALWAYS see [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION] in there every Sunday. In fact, I even switched to a Saturday this week and he was still in there.
My second home!
No one makes a chicken tikka madras like they do at the Ganges.
I've been a regular there since it opened 20 years ago after having the most beautiful Indian meal ever.
The staff are wonderful too. They are lovely, lovely people and very knowledgeable about football which is always a plus.
If you live in Haywards Heath, there is a Ganges take-away there, run by the same people.
The chef is the man who cooked my first curry 20 years ago!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My second home!
No one makes a chicken tikka madras like they do at the Ganges.
I've been a regular there since it opened 20 years ago after having the most beautiful Indian meal ever.
The staff are wonderful too. They are lovely, lovely people and very knowledgeable about football which is always a plus.
If you live in Haywards Heath, there is a Ganges take-away there, run by the same people.
The chef is the man who cooked my first curry 20 years ago!

You're not wrong. They are lovely people.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hove tandoori for me or Indian Summer for a different twist. Used to like Ganges but not impressed the last couple of times. They do the worst balti I've ever had - devoid of flavour. Thought they'd left out some spices the first time but exactly the same when I tried again.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Sri india

This place was recommended on a thread last time - had their signature dish, bloody awful, will never listen to nsc again! Was like heinz tom soup, spiced up and very few pieces of meat.
Having said that i don't really like british curry. Been to india twice backpacking and loved the food, never found anything particularly decent back home though...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having said that i don't really like british curry.

I prefer the British take on Indian food. I have been to a number of more authentic places but much prefer the western dishes. That said I love those Pakistani places which serve up dry burn meat rubbed in spice. Yum yum.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Chilli Pickle is outstanding for lunch. The complete polar opposite to Nandos wtf.

Indian Summer very special too, good for a romantic meal.

For good quality gribsy cuzrod I go to Pavel on St James's.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
This place was recommended on a thread last time - had their signature dish, bloody awful, will never listen to nsc again! Was like heinz tom soup, spiced up and very few pieces of meat.
Having said that i don't really like british curry. Been to india twice backpacking and loved the food, never found anything particularly decent back home though...

Had a delivery from there a while ago, Portions were tiny, which was handy because everything tasted like shit

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't understand how people don't like Chilli Pickle. Been there twice (old location+new location) and its great, very interesting food, great flavours, great cuts of meat. Only problem I had last time, was 2 sets of couples pissed up, who ended up having a blazing row between the 4 of them!

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I've had two very successful visits to 'Spice' on the Old Shoreham Road, Hove near what used to be the heart of BHA.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
A curry would go down a treat now watching the tennis but alas not enough shekels
All the curry houses along Church Road,Hove are good and never had a dodge one in the Indiana (been there 10 plus times)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here