Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gonna start leaving on 85min!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
90 minutes to get to falmer from hove 90 minutes to get home,i'm gonna start leaving early as i've had enough of joining queues for buses queues for trains queues for a cup of tea queues to pee!:moo: I'M JOINING THE FIRE DRILL:eek:

90 minute to get there? What time did you leave? Took me 35 minutes and that includes 15 mins walking to the station.

90 minutes to get to falmer from hove 90 minutes to get home,i'm gonna start leaving early as i've had enough of joining queues for buses queues for trains queues for a cup of tea queues to pee!:moo: I'M JOINING THE FIRE DRILL:eek:

If you want to avoid all the hassle that people seem to be having (and let's remember there's 20,000 people in there so it aint gonna be like Withdean) then on your bike. I cycle, it is so stress free. Getting to and from the stadium is not even on my mind. Though if your going to down a few beers it may not be ideal! If you live within 5 miles of the ground this is the only way to travel.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
We are a family club and parents don't want their kids to have to wait 30-45 mins in the pissing rain for a bus/train.

Or have the thought of being pissed on from a railway bridge from the away fans.

TB

great ideas take the kids by bike in the rain in the dark:facepalm:
Stay and drink beer with the kids:facepalm: I don't drink beer at footie not sure why i want to stand around outside urinals drinking beer with fat bald numpties,not great role model for the kids is it? If there was a proper supporters bar i would expect to use it. Nothing for the family tbo. Stopped buying refreshments because of queues and getting to the ground late to avoid the panto match build up! hands up for brighton:facepalm: Can cope with the albion playing less than good it goes with calling but finding the hassles spoiling the match day routine:moo:

If you want to avoid all the hassle that people seem to be having (and let's remember there's 20,000 people in there so it aint gonna be like Withdean) then on your bike. I cycle, it is so stress free. Getting to and from the stadium is not even on my mind. Though if your going to down a few beers it may not be ideal! If you live within 5 miles of the ground this is the only way to travel.

no probs with 34,000 at the goldstone got back to the heath quicker than falmer to hove:moo:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I had a couple of beers in the North Stand and walked onto a train, even got a seat. I got home at 11. So it took you longer and you left on 90 minutes. Strange that

Same here. The ground is cleared within in the hour which is very respectable for a stadium such as ours, even the eastbound platform was clear at chucking out time last night.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
great ideas take the kids by bike in the rain in the dark:facepalm:
Stay and drink beer with the kids:facepalm: I don't drink beer at footie not sure why i want to stand around outside urinals drinking beer with fat bald numpties,not great role model for the kids is it? If there was a proper supporters bar i would expect to use it. Nothing for the family tbo. Stopped buying refreshments because of queues and getting to the ground late to avoid the panto match build up! hands up for brighton:facepalm: Can cope with the albion playing less than good it goes with calling but finding the hassles spoiling the match day routine:moo:

And what is the alternative? Any football match you go to there is going to be a bit of a wait to get out, to get refreshments, to use the bog etc etc. I think the transport could do with upgrading but other than that the waiting is not too bad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Too many night games. It will be better once we get back to afternoon matches, whenever that may be.

I had a couple of beers in the North Stand and walked onto a train, even got a seat. I got home at 11. So it took you longer and you left on 90 minutes. Strange that
Got into Dick's bar for a post-match drink. Left at 10.20 and ambled down to catch the train to Lewes. Straight on to the train. No problem.

As we were walking down to the platform, a train to Brighton left. Someone noticed that the front carriage was practically empty and muttered something about incompetent stewarding allowing that to happen. But when the Brighton train pulled fully out of the platform, the explanation became clear ... there were NO Brighton-bound passengers waiting, either on the platform or in a queue.

Falmer station was cleared well before 10.30 last night. Good work by everyone.

Got into Dick's bar for a post-match drink. Left at 10.20 and ambled down to catch the train to Lewes. Straight on to the train. No problem.

As we were walking down to the platform, a train to Brighton left. Someone noticed that the front carriage was practically empty and muttered something about incompetent stewarding allowing that to happen. But when the Brighton train pulled fully out of the platform, the explanation became clear ... there were NO Brighton-bound passengers waiting, either on the platform or in a queue.

Falmer station was cleared well before 10.30 last night. Good work by everyone.

cant take kids into dicks:facepalm:

no probs with 34,000 at the goldstone got back to the heath quicker than falmer to hove:moo:

Unfortunately where the ground is will cause delays in getting home. There are alternatives and the bike is one if within reasonable distance. If travelling with kids at night then maybe not an option although my travelling companiion takes his no sweat. If you're not going to try alternative methods then accept it as it is. Believe me bike is best...even with older kids at night...go on be brave...it's not Beirut! You'll just getting caught up with the thinkalike masses if not.

Unfortunately where the ground is will cause delays in getting home. There are alternatives and the bike is one if within reasonable distance. If travelling with kids at night then maybe not an option although my travelling companiion takes his no sweat. If you're not going to try alternative methods then accept it as it is. Believe me bike is best...even with older kids at night...go on be brave...it's not Beirut! You'll just getting caught up with the thinkalike masses if not.

Another alternative is not to renew season ticket:moo:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This sort of bullshit does not help in the fact we are going to submit plans to extend the stadium.

I got back to Shoreham and in my house 50 mins after the final whistle and was in no rush leaving the Amex

Bloody good all things considering

90mins = cowshit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here