Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gonna start leaving on 85min!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another alternative is not to renew season ticket:moo:

Well don't bloody bother then. At least we won't have to put up with the CONSTANT whinging.

f*** me, I swear some people would GENUINELY prefer us to be playing in front of 5,000 at an athletics track, just so they can get home within half an hour of the final whistle.

this sort of bullshit does not help in the fact we are going to submit plans to extend the stadium.

I got back to shoreham and in my house 50 mins after the final whistle and was in no rush leaving the amex

bloody good all things considering

90mins = cowshit

bus didn't turn up,next bus didn't complete journey,original bus appeared from nowhere had to change again! 4 buses to ground for a direct journey that WOULD take less than 10 minutes:moo:

well don't bloody bother then. At least we won't have to put up with the constant whinging.

f*** me, i swear some people would genuinely prefer us to be playing in front of 5,000 at an athletics track, just so they can get home within half an hour of the final whistle.

walk home in 25 from dear old withers but did prefer the priestfield tbo:moo:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
bus didn't turn up,next bus didn't complete journey,original bus appeared from nowhere had to change again! 4 buses to ground for a direct journey that WOULD take less than 10 minutes:moo:

Isn't that 3 buses? Or even 2 buses, seeing as the first and the third are the same.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Why not arrive at the start of the 2nd half, as we've only scored once in the last 8 first halves, thus avoiding the crowds on the way in as well

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Sorry Rev but I think you might be exaggerating a little seeing as it takes me about the same time, (sometimes less) door to door from Croydon.

As Lord b has said, fans were cleared from the station very quickly yesterday. So far the longest I have waited for a train has been 25 minutes, I have to say the match day experience for me has been almost faultless so far.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I left on final whistle and certainly didn't get 2nd or 3rd train probaly 4th walk from brighton station to hove town hall bus to osr then walked from there HOME AT 11PM

You WALKED from Brighton Station to Hove Town Hall.......WHY ?

(and I've no idea what or where 'osr' is, sorry)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Also worth bearing in mind that the match didn't finish till getting on for 10pm, owing to all the injury time and timewasting.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I left on final whistle and certainly didn't get 2nd or 3rd train probaly 4th walk from brighton station to hove town hall bus to osr then walked from there:moo: HOME AT 11PM

You did well getting home at 11. I mean, getting the 4th train which would have been at about 20 past 10, getting you into Brighton at about half 10. Walking to Hove Town Hall which at a fair pace would take about half an hour, and then a bus, with presumably a little wait, then a walk on top of that. Very impressive indeed getting home at 11.

Unless, of course, you are making it up. :moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, Rev seems to have gone very quiet all of a sudden. Surely he's itching to post another moo somewhere.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Had a beer after the match and back at Brighton station by 10.45 for last orders, with no queue and only a 6 minute wait on the platform at Falmer for the train back. Close to perfect I reckon.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
You did well getting home at 11. I mean, getting the 4th train which would have been at about 20 past 10, getting you into Brighton at about half 10. Walking to Hove Town Hall which at a fair pace would take about half an hour, and then a bus, with presumably a little wait, then a walk on top of that. Very impressive indeed getting home at 11.

Unless, of course, you are making it up. :moo:

Definatel aroma of Cowshit on this thread.

Always stay to applaud the team off the pitch at the end & am nearly always indoors (RAINHAM, Kent) by about 11pm (11.30 last night) for evening games & that includes stopping in GULLS for the obligatory Chips on the way home.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I had a couple of beers in the North Stand and walked onto a train, even got a seat. I got home at 11. So it took you longer and you left on 90 minutes. Strange that

I left at the final whistle and chose to get a 'Football Special' bus, so special that I did not get home (not far from the Grenadier) until 11. Not knocking the bus service, just letting people know what a pain travel to and from The Amex can be like. After the Liverpool game I had a pint in the North and used the train, i walked in after midnight!

With such a mixed experience I can understand why some people leave early.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I personally find getting to and from the ground quite easy, although one might argue that people leaving early and others waiting around to have a pint afterwards helps spread the flow a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here