Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Golf : Rookwood

I know several people have recommended playing Rookwood GC on here - I have booked to play there for the first time on Sun. One question, does it have a driving range at all ? I find I always need to warm up a little.

Ta muchly.

Never seen one when i've been.

Bloody good bacon sandwiches at the halfway hut mind.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
They don't but i believe they have a 9 hole pitch and putt and a practice putting green before the first hole.

It is by far the best course i have played on, although that probably doesn't say much as i have only played on 5 or 6 18 hole courses. I can also recommend the bacon sarnies on the 9th.

Always a bonus. Might make up for a poor front-9 with no warm-up.

Are you playing with someone who's been before?

If not buy a course map, can't remeber if it's after the 2nd or 3rd but you have to walk through an underpass and lots of people get a bit lost there.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Also my drivers licence fell out of my pocket in the cabin afterwards and they sent it back to me through the post and was back in my wallet within 2 days.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
They don't but i believe they have a 9 hole pitch and putt and a practice putting green before the first hole.

It is by far the best course i have played on, although that probably doesn't say much as i have only played on 5 or 6 18 hole courses. I can also recommend the bacon sarnies on the 9th.

Thanks. Hope it is as good as you say (the course and the sarnie) - though my favourite is Singing Hills, where I will have the pleasure of being a member from next week. Whoo-hoo. First time I've been a member anywhere.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Are you playing with someone who's been before?

If not buy a course map, can't remeber if it's after the 2nd or 3rd but you have to walk through an underpass and lots of people get a bit lost there.

It's sign posted fairly well i thought, well i found it ok so it must have been!!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Last time I went, they had one of those big nets you could practice into.

And a little advice, order your bacon sandwich on the 7th tee, gives him a few minutes to cook it for you by the time you get back to the 9th green.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its good course and an easy one I think, shot my best round ever there of 83, and on that day got hit on the head on the short par 3 8th, I had just finshed and was waiting to drive up to get me bacon roll and wallop shouts of 4, but too late, bang on the top of the cap.....knocked me for 6, but thankfully no damaged and was able to carry on. very nice course indeed.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
its good course and an easy one I think, shot my best round ever there of 83, and on that day got hit on the head on the short par 3 8th, I had just finshed and was waiting to drive up to get me bacon roll and wallop shouts of 4, but too late, bang on the top of the cap.....knocked me for 6, but thankfully no damaged and was able to carry on. very nice course indeed.

So, with the concussion, your round could have been 108 and you wouldn't have known any different.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pleasant course.

No driving range, but short Par 3 course, which is really more pitch and putt - but still ok.

For a municipal, the course is in relatively good condition and undoubtedly despite its short length is a reasonable test. There are some very well thought out and designed holes.

I have never played it very well, but generally my playing partners do!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
decent course. I have played there a few times and the only thing that annoys about the course ( and its all too common these days) is the fuckwits who will not replace divots and who do not repair pitchmarks on the greens.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
decent course. I have played there a few times and the only thing that annoys about the course ( and its all too common these days) is the fuckwits who will not replace divots and who do not repair pitchmarks on the greens.

As It's a council course, you're reduced to playing with oiks though Dave :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have played quite a few private courses recently and its just as bad!. The Dyke was like a bloody minefield.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have played quite a few private courses recently and its just as bad!. The Dyke was like a bloody minefield.

If you ever fancy a round with me at Singing Hills after next week, let me know matey - you get visitors prices !!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
As already said it has a pitch and put 9 hole course you can practice on, which is better then using a driving range. Without doubt the best value-for-money course i have played on. 2nd hole is beautifull and a test of nerve to see how match water you want to carry!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here