Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone retail park

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But the Retail Park has been there for years.
It's a fixture of the community.
There will be quite some protest if we try to rip it down, in favour of just a soccerball pitch.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I've never had any problem driving by the Goldstone site. Old Shoreham Road was always there.
But I'll never set foot on the "Goldstone Retail Park". (ugh). Okay, so my car is serviced at Becks in Newtown Road, but there always was a garage at that site.

So, my conscience is clear. Interesting to see how other people rationalise this thorny question though.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I've never driven past it and I don't think I ever will. I promised myself that would change when Falmer happened, but in my mind, going down the Shoreham Road means to see the Brighton Aces, not visit bloody Toys R Us. Too many memories, I really don't want to see a retail park on such an integral part of my younger life. All that said, I've never blamed the shops, only Archer and Bellotti. Now the hatred has gone but the memories remain and that's what I'm quite happy with.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Bit like asking would I ever vote for the Liberals now, as i still readily associate them with Archer's arsehole....................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here