Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone retail park

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Still boycotting, but now we have the Amex I do allow myself to drive past it, while giving the retail outlets a two-fingered salute.

This. Partially buried my demons on the morning of this years Donny game.

And the fact that there is nothing I wish to purchase there.

And that. I frankly wouldn't piss on the place if it caught fire.

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
Never went there until I went to the unveiling of the Goldstone plaque on the morning of the Spurs friendly. That was incredibly emotional for everyone there. However, when I went to the Amex later that day I knew I had moved on. A week later my son had a pair of trainers from JJB. Why? He needed trainers and this was the place to go. When I protested he said ' I thought you'd moved on' - he was right, of course. The Goldstone is in my head and in my heart, the retail park is exactly that. The future is the Amex!

cdargonne

brighton seagirl
Mar 1, 2009
sussex
How funny we were talking about this yesterday... we thought 4 those who are moving on we should do an official un boycott...

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I went to Toys `R` Us and all I thought was,f***! I am on the old halfway line or in the centre circle and spent the whole morning wandering around the car park,tracing out the North Stand and boring my family to death by going on and on about which part of the pitch we were on.To tell the truth it was quite emotional going back there.Mixed feelings,if we hadn`t left would we still have our lovely,shiny new stadium?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
My family still boycott Focus.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
A couple of years ago, me and my dad had to go and pick up a TV from Comet, however they said it was only avaliable from their Hove store. So my dad drove up to the side road, without going in the car park. Parked up and made the bloke wheel the TV out of the grounds as my dad refused to go on the grounds and get it.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Does anybody on here know if STANLEY has been seen yet at the AMEX ???

as he lives in a flat overlooking Stamford Bridge, I think its not very likely.........................

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Because I will never forgive what happened and the way it happened.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I am over it, The Goldstone could never be what the Amex is now and it has to be consigned to history. My personal choice is not to spend there and yes I would derive some pleasure if the retail park were to fail, but if anyone else wants to go spend their hard earned there, I have no axe to grind.

Sep 20, 2005
I still refuse to go there. I also refuse to use any of those retailers' other stores, wherever they may be in the country. I will always try and find an alternative.

It's sad and tragic, or so my kids tell me. Yes, we have a shiny new stadium (although I still prefer the old location), but I could never forgive them for what they did and the way they did it.

Burger King, Toys R Us, JJB, DFS and Comet...I spit on them all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here