Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone retail park

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Now we are in the Amex and the good times have started is anyone still boycotting shopping at this retail park, Or is now the time to forgive and forget and scoff a few burger king burgers down there?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Still boycotting it. Probably seen as sad, but never mind.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Still a boycott for me.
14 years of hurt and the club being raped with little support from the FA meant a lot of hard years for the Albion and many many fans no longer with us who did not get to see the Amex.

Never used any of the outlets there and never will.

I use the car park sometimes to meet customers in Hove, which I justify as them subsiding my parking fees.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It never seems to do much business, so far as I can see. It's a shabby shadow of a retail park. If only it could be bulldozed and the Amex moved there, lock, stock and barrel, then that would be the nearest thing to heaven an Albion fan could possibly experience. IMHO like.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ive decided time to let bygones be bygones. though i wouldnt activly go there if there were an alternative, only as a matter of last resort.

in other words, i might go there for DFS if she-who-must-be-obeyed insists on a visit to this chain, as i couldnt stand another 2 hours stuck in traffic round Tunbridge Wells getting to and from that branch.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Have never been, never will*.

In fact, I've never even driven past it since walking out after the Doncaster game, carrying my bits of turf and netting.

(*Easily enough maintained from here!)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Never had the need to purchase anything from there. In fact I can only name Toys 'r' us and DFS as shops there, unsure what shops the others are?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
No chance. Just like I don't walk on my Sister's grave. My Sister who never got to see the Amex.

That place is also like a grave to me. Maybe a bit extreme but that's how I feel.

There's nothing there that you can't buy somewhere else.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Now we are in the Amex and the good times have started is anyone still boycotting shopping at this retail park, Or is now the time to forgive and forget and scoff a few burger king burgers down there?

Never been there and NEVER WILL, in fact for about 10years i wouldnt even drive past ???

Oct 6, 2010
Will never forgive, or forget. But I don't boycot it. I find it sad to go there sometimes because of the memories, less so now we have a new stadium though.
I'd rather be where we are, than where we were. What didn't kill us made us stronger.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
never looked at it, managed to look to the right when taken past, and even managed to do the same when found myself having to drive past ( without an accident too!). i have the goldstone framed on my lounge wall.. and a small version on my desk at school - the kids know all about it and so they should. i will make the journey to the hove park memorial one day - and that will be the only time i shall see it. my final memories are of walking away from the donny match, in the rain ( v fitting ), carrying my piece of pitch in a cheeseburger bag... feeling bereft. i cant forgive the bastards who caused us so much pain, but all things happen for a reason and without that history our club would not be where we are now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I never boycotted it. Sorry :(

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It never seems to do much business, so far as I can see. It's a shabby shadow of a retail park. If only it could be bulldozed and the Amex moved there, lock, stock and barrel, then that would be the nearest thing to heaven an Albion fan could possibly experience. IMHO like.

I have spent money there about two or three times in recent years, bad fan I know.

I am now undecided whether to instruct that my ashes be scattered at the Amex, or to continue to insist that they go over the tolls at Toys r Us on the last Saturday before Xmas.

Decisions, decisions......

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here