Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone retail park quandary

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
One of the main reasons I won't go is because they sell bloody Manure shirts there. That makes me sick. (obviously not in DFS)

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I could never ever go there. Aside from the quality (?) of the stores on site being off-putting and the whole messy sale of the ground, for me it is about holding respect for a place that is truly sacrosanct to me.

The Goldstone in my minds eye is all the stronger for never having any experience at that site other than watching my team play football.

Allowing yourself to buy tawdry sofas that look tired after 4 years or cheap England shirts worn by mercenary 'heroes' or Iggle bleeding Piggles or cholesterol and fries cannot be worth sullying a precious memory.

Do yourself a favour and spend another £800 at a respectable furniture store and you'll probably get something that lasts 10 years, so it is well worth the investment.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The correct answer.

Honestly, has anyone seen the sofas they advertise on that there tellybox? They are f***ing MINGING.

council house sofas for those who cant afford Brighthouse. :)

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
we bought our lovely dark chocolate leather sofa there..... but I was moody about going and felt like I was at a graveyard or murder scene (like that feeling you get when you are standing on a grave)... Just.... wrong...... Nice sofa though, but the ONLY nice one they did. And it was on a sale.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I refused to buy a Stanley nail punch thingy in a hardware store over her. opting for what i was told was an inferior product.

The guy looked very confused as i told him a potted version of the whole sorry tale.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
How i coped

I had trouble for the first fiew years, but now I have it written in my will that my ashes will be scattered over their most expensive sofa, that way my conscience is clear

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sorry can never go back, even after Falmer is up and running, sad fucker that I am I still occasionally dream about the Goldstone.

Too much greed and betrayal to either forgive or forget.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It appears i have been living under with a confusion for many years. and filling my house with substandard tools to boot.

:facepalm::dunce::lol:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Is you people actually serious? You wont go to the shops (or even drive past) because it's where our football stadium used to be. We've moved on, when don't you.

Oh my.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm only 16 but I have never stepped a foot there and NEVER will, and I absolutely mean it. Just how I am.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Agree that the shops aren't to blame - unless of course yu include Focus DIY which I will never step foot in!

About five years ago I went to my parents walked through the front door and to my absolute horror my parents had purchased some horrible cheap looking paint, to my even greater horror it said FOCUS all over the tin.

I put it straight in the back of the car and took it to the tip, my Dad was not best pleased so I gave them 100 quid for some paint and insisted they but dulux from a reputable outlet
Not only did that idiot nearly cost me my football club it also cost me 100 quid years after the goldstone closed(plus all those days going to shitty Gillingham£

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Don't go. You'll struggle to remember what The Goldstone looked like from the outside - your brain will replace those old memories with the new ones.

Like visiting the house you grew up in, or going to a school reunion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here