Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Ground Photos

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
While I am here, I may as well put a couple of other ones up. Think of these though as very much the DVD extras/filler.

Attachments

• scan0008.jpg
    scan0008.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 484
  • scan0010.jpg
    scan0010.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 485
  • scan0015.jpg
    scan0015.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 486
  • scan0017.jpg
    scan0017.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 489
  • scan0028.jpg
    scan0028.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 481

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
You can still see the "Grit beleives Beloti bullshit" graffiti on the back of the western perimeter <happy sigh>

There is also an “Archer Out” sign on the left door of the Albion Sports Shop. I remember these being all over Sussex, even Arundel used to have quite a few.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I have about 600 photos from that period . From just before the Donny game ,the day of the game and then everyday until the final brick from the final wall by the west stand went into aggrigate crusher. It's totally weird I know, but I had an overwhelming sense of duty to be there everyday until there was no more to see.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Great photo's, its just like its still there.

Thanks for posting them.

:ascarf:

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
Brings a tear to my eye very similar to the one that I had when I saw Falmer for the first time in November.

That Falmer is now so close makes me so those pictures in such a different light than i ever would have been capable of before, more with a strange euphoric childhood reminiscense tinged with a sadness, like you would remembering a favourite grandparent that died old and happy when you were young.

A few years ago I would have looked at those and just been plain gutted, and angry.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes , but it was our shitehole
I obviously agree although i bet im one of the very few that actually disliked the goldstone and i hated the main stand:)

The goldstone was always great no doubt when we had big crowds and the whole ground was open.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Thanks. took me bak to me yoof.

Was the grass greener then?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I know it's been said but...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

It's almost been fourteen years but that shot of an occupied North Stand makes it feel like yesterday.

That's it. Must be my mid-life crisis kicking in. Yearning for times past and all that.

Thanks for posting. Your timing is bang on. Feels like we can actually move on now.

My sentiments entirely, sir. My goodness, hadn't they let the old girl get into a mess? Brings back memories, doesn't it? Arriving at Hove Station, the walk down the Cliftonville steps, singing under the railway bridge, then wandering up to the South Stand (where I sat for four years), or the North Stand, having given up my season ticket in 2002-2003, picking up Gulls Eye by the old church, etc, etc.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
My sentiments entirely, sir. My goodness, hadn't they let the old girl get into a mess? Brings back memories, doesn't it? Arriving at Hove Station, the walk down the Cliftonville steps, singing under the railway bridge, then wandering up to the South Stand (where I sat for four years), or the North Stand, having given up my season ticket in 2002-2003, picking up Gulls Eye by the old church, etc, etc.

you gave up your season ticket for the goldstone in 2002-03 ???

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I obviously agree although i bet im one of the very few that actually disliked the goldstone and i hated the main stand:)

The goldstone was always great no doubt when we had big crowds and the whole ground was open.

My memories stretch back to Seventies and of course the glory years and those 33,000 crowds. Standing there looking at the weeds and sawn off crowd barriers , it was clear we either had to renovate or move. If it had been done properly , ie the new stadium waiting for us to move into after leaving the old ground , then it would have been a fond farewell and a wahaay to the new ground. But because of our well known history and those two greedy caniving twats , the old girl will always be right there in my heart and looked upon with the sort of fondness normally reserved for people we have once known , who were taken from us before we could say a proper and dignified goodbye .

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

please no more . tears in my eyes reading this only after first game at falmer will be able to move on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here