Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldstone 25

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
What a thread! Thank you OP for posting. I had no idea it was 25 years ago already, I was born in 84 and it was my Gran, Mum and Aunt who had Season Tickets and I would get given them every now and then.
I remember a few games but never really knew of their importance in the early 90s, Mansfield and York ring bells but there are definitely others.

A very nostalgic moment reading a lot of these posts!

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
My first ever game and the one that got me hooked..

Plus another vote for Jimmy Case's FA Cup quarter-final goal v Norwich and I don't think anyone's mentioned the win over Liverpool the following season live on TV.. magic...

My second ever game the 1.0 vs Forest. Packed East stand. Happy days.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The emotional rollercoaster of beating Blackpool only to be denied by a scheming Spurs and Soton (allegedly) .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sammy Morgan’s two goals vs Palace
Dean Wilkins last minute free-kick vs Ipswich
Win over Doncaster - Storer

Before my time but

Beating Watford 5-0 in 1958 for promotion to Div 2 for the first time
John Templeman’s goal vs Villa

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The promotion winning (from the old Division Three) last game of the season in May 1988 vs. Bristol Rovers. Bremner and Nelson. Brighton are back

Then a quadruple from 1991:

January - 4th Round FA Cup Replay - a 3-2 defeat to reigning Division One Champions Liverpool - and we could have won it (Mike Small had a goal disallowed)

January - Bryan Wade 4 Newcastle 2

May - Dean Wilkins' injury time free kick vs. Ipswich in the last game of the season to get us into the Play Offs. One of my favourite Albion moments - I can still picture the sweet left-footed strike sailing into the top corner beyond a flailing Phil Parks. Bedlam

May - The next game - a thumping 4-1 first leg victory over Millwall. We got 3 goals in 7 minutes in a crazy second half

The pitch invasion and protests in April 1996 (the match v York), and subsequently having to replay the game the week after the final game of the season: an odd daytime, midweek kick off in front of about 2,000 fans. York won, survived and Carlisle were relegated

The Fans United Hartlepool game obviously (February 1997). Plymouth Argyle and Eintracht Frankfurt in the house. Solidarity

And two months later, the last game under floodlights - the crucial (weren't they all?) 1-0 win over Barnet. Gritty (in every respect)

Some of the happiest moments in my life.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Surely it’s generational and how old you were when you first started: I’m lucky (unlucky now) to have been a young teen when Mullers & Bamber were in full flow. Wardy, Nobby, Lawro etc. Some of the biggest regular crowds in the country. Brighton were really newsworthy. 80s - Div1, FA Cup final(s), two relegations, Nels, Promotion. 90s Play Off final then the rapid, asset-stripping decline of the club and the ultimate demise of the old lady (tramp) Goldstone. Got sadistically affectionate memories of the war years; Gulls Eye, protests, pitch invasions, Fans United, she (The Goldstone) went down ****ing screaming!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here