Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldstone 25

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
2nd May 1981 was pretty special beating Leeds on the final day 2-0 to stay in the old 1st division

Scummy CPFC relegated that season with less than 20 points

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
So many
Bobby Smith…..I was in awe…Peter Ward….magical
However for me as a very young lad ,behind the north goal,it has to be Alan Duffys screamer on his debut,I believe …..I can see it even now……

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Brian Wade scoring all 4 against Newcastle on a midweek evening. Thought we'd got a gem there. Did he score again !!?? Or Wilkins FK v Ipswich to get us in the playoffs

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Thought this game was on a Saturday??

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
The 3-2 win against Sheffield Wednesday does it for me...what an atmosphere. I think we were losing and the crowd seem to just will the win and it duly arrived with Wardy securing the victory. If I remember right Eric Potts scored twice for them. I think we brought him on the strength of that night. Just to say it was May 1977 I believe.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Brian Wade scoring all 4 against Newcastle on a midweek evening. Thought we'd got a gem there. Did he score again !!?? Or Wilkins FK v Ipswich to get us in the playoffs

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Remember both of these vividly, but I swear Brian Wade picked up the match ball on the final whistle and disappeared out into the night via the NEW terrace, Forrest Gump style, and was never seen again. So legend has it!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was in the opening credits to the big match once, must have been early 80's, just to the east side of the goal at the front of the north stand.

A rainy day . . . . '97 Joe,R&S@goldstone.jpg

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
95-97 won’t be in too many memories because crowds were at an all time low, but they were extraordinary times to live through and experience marchdays. Not for on pitch reasons obviously although the boys came good eventually, but the sheer toxicity off it. I lived and breathed BHA those seasons, the brazen crime that unfolded before our eyes made my piss boil and had I been remotely within punching distance of any of the 3 stooges at any time I’d have unquestionably been done for assault or worse. I literally dreamed of bumping into one of them somewhere. There’s a special place in hell for those 3.

Deano’s FK, and the whole 90-91 season really, that was very special and remains my favourite season in many ways. What a time to be alive it was. Happy Happy Days.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
99% sure it was midweek, was in 6th Form, and sure I drove down with some mates

Must be my old age the only reason i thought this was a afternoon kick off was because i was in the away end as i had family coming down, my mother is a Geordie.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The game where little Nige the mascot did a Klinsmann dive in front of the North and his shorts came down. Honestly never seen something funnier at a football match before or since. Took a bow, and was cheered like he’d scored a winner. Bloke is an absolute Legend. Chuckling even now at the thought of!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
99% sure it was midweek, was in 6th Form, and sure I drove down with some mates

It definitely was a midweek. Dark and a bit damp, the goldstone grass glistened and Newcastle also wore their horrible yellow and green away striped shirt.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Was that the 3-3 one of the most memorable for me, we were bloody soaked to the skin ion the East terrace

happy days

I reckon we should all go back and smash everything up, make it worthless, then buy iyt and build a new one . . . . although I was 25 back then, my best smashing up days are probably behind me

1-3 down with about 5 mins left. Paul McCarthy (RIP) pulled one back before Chappers scored his rocket. It was one of Liam Brady’s first matches and we had quite a few belting matches in that period with late, late goals. Games against Cambridge (4-1) , Blackpool (3-2) and Plymouth (2-1) spring to mind.
Great fun!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My favourite goal after Storer’s that one. 3-0 down and came back to equalise. Fantastic game. Really wish there was footage of that.

We were actually 1-0 up before capitulating and eventually redeeming.

I’ve got it on dvd somewhere for certain

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
1-3 down with about 5 mins left. Paul McCarthy (RIP) pulled one back before Chappers scored his rocket. It was one of Liam Brady’s first matches and we had quite a few belting matches in that period with late, late goals. Games against Cambridge (4-1) , Blackpool (3-2) and Plymouth (2-1) spring to mind.
Great fun!

I thought McArthy’s diving header was the equaliser and Chappers thunder ******* the second? Either way I have a visceral memory of the collective North Stand almost sucking the ball into the net. It was inevitable as soon as he ran on to the loose ball. One of the few times I remember thinking the atmosphere generated the response on the pitch.

In modern parlance terms I was buzzing for days mate.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I thought McArthy’s diving header was the equaliser and Chappers thunder ******* the second? Either way I have a visceral memory of the collective North Stand almost sucking the ball into the net. It was inevitable as soon as he ran on to the loose ball. One of the few times I remember thinking the atmosphere generated the response on the pitch.

In modern parlance terms I was buzzing for days mate.

You are absolutely right. Just checked and Macca’s was the equaliser.

I remember the ref was giving everything to Bournemouth, but he went off injured and the game changed massively in our favour.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
2-0 down at home to Sunderland midweek at home and Eric Potts comes on as sub and scores 2 goals.
Chaos in the North Stand

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Even better actually - we were only 1-0 down, so he won the game for us. Two goals in two minutes. Amazingly, he only ever scored five for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here