Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to Wembley tomorrow night - do we boo Terry?

If you were at Wembley tomorrow night would you boo John Terry?

• Yes

Votes: 64 40.8%
  • No

Votes: 93 59.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
İbrahim Tatlıses;3382566 said:
I would suggest to people to stop caring about what happens in these celebrities lives and start concentrating on the football. Most of it is utter bullshit designed to line the pockets of Murdoch, Clifford and all the other ***** of that breed anyway
suggest away and I couldn't agree more, unfortunately too many are already lost in an alternative universe of celebrity worship, just waiting for their lottery ticket to come in so they can join the ranks of the cashed up underachievers....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
When people reel out the ridiculous line of 'would you boo someone at work' is STUPID

John terry earns 120k a week(or something like that)
he is gettig his money because he plays for a team, who rely on fans money for revenue, or sky money, which is directly laid by fans subscription fees.

Basically a footballers astronomical wage is a direct link to the publics outlay to be entertained. The footballers expect to be cheered when they do well. They should be open to being boo'd when they have been a cock.

Would people cheer leon knight or Scott mcleish if they played for us now? I'm sure many would boo and that's just because they have been cocks, thy however are not 'cheating and paying for an abortion' cocks.

I would NEVER boo a player just because he wasn't popular(like lampard was, which in my view was completely out of order)

but john terry deserves it. I don't care if he plays for England, he wants the fans
money in his wallet and their adulation? Then e should be prepared to be HOUNDED

:wozza:

So, you would rather have an average left back who turned in one of the most abysmal performances ever seen in an England shirt (v Croatia) over the captain of one of the most sucessful English clubs this decade, who has captained his side to two Premier Leagues, who has also been named in the FIFA world 11 and been consistently one of the best centre halves in the world for the bast 6 or 7 years?

if that really is the best you can do for an argument, why aren't we playing Phil Neville:eek:

England caps : 59
Premier League (6): 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2002-03
FA Cup (3): 1995-96, 1998-99, 2003-04
FA Community Shield (3): 1996, 1997, 2003
UEFA Champions League (1): 1998-99
Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Nobhead might score an own goal. Better now than in the Finals.

England will lost 2-3 and lucky to get two.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
if that really is the best you can do for an argument, why aren't we playing Phil Neville:eek:

England caps : 59
Premier League (6): 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2002-03
FA Cup (3): 1995-96, 1998-99, 2003-04
FA Community Shield (3): 1996, 1997, 2003
UEFA Champions League (1): 1998-99
Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999

Phil Neville should definitely be in the squad in my opinion.

Regardless of that, what INDIVIDUAL honours has he won? Where are his PFA awards and Team of the World Cup awards?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If you're an england fan , you are a complete and utter cock to even be asking that question, you sound about 14 , how old are you ?

I have been an England fan for a long long time.

I won't be booing him and never would boo an England player. However I suspect an awful lot of idiots will.

There is a lot of club stuff that goes on at these England games and players often just treated badly because they play for the wrong London Premiership team.

I was only asking the question as I suspected different people would have different views, as the poll shows!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have been an England fan for a long long time.

I won't be booing him and never would boo an England player. However I suspect an awful lot of idiots will.

There is a lot of club stuff that goes on at these England games and players often just treated badly because they play for the wrong London Premiership team.

I was only asking the question as I suspected different people would have different views, as the poll shows!
The thread title is ''do we boo john terry'', so you cant blame me for believing that you were at least considering it.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Can't believe that 40% think he should be booed.
Clearly what he did was wrong and he is clearly getting plenty of payback in the press and through losing advertising contracts. Arguably that is not enough of a lesson to learn as he probably would do it again given half a chance with another tasty sort, but the idea that booing him when he plays for England is anything other than total idiocy seems to have escaped too many here (I guess I should be thankful that the majority think no). If you must, then keep it at club level where it can benefit your team (not our team though!!), but not at international level where it is totally destructive leading up to a world cup.
I bet there are plenty more players out there who have done similar (maybe including others in the International team), so let it go.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't believe that 40% think he should be booed.
Clearly what he did was wrong and he is clearly getting plenty of payback in the press and through losing advertising contracts. Arguably that is not enough of a lesson to learn as he probably would do it again given half a chance with another tasty sort, but the idea that booing him when he plays for England is anything other than total idiocy seems to have escaped too many here (I guess I should be thankful that the majority think no). If you must, then keep it at club level where it can benefit your team (not our team though!!), but not at international level where it is totally destructive leading up to a world cup.
I bet there are plenty more players out there who have done similar (maybe including others in the International team), so let it go.

I think the destructive thing was done when Terry dipped his wick in his friends recent ex when his mate was hoping for reconciliation. Not sure there are other members of the team who have done that to wife/girlfriend/ex of another member of the squad.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you're an england fan , you are a complete and utter cock to even be asking that question, you sound about 14 , how old are you ?

On the contrary, if you blindly follow someone just because of the shirt they wear and ignore everything else about them then perhaps you are the one who is more like a 14 year old.

The problem I have with Terry is not only what he did but the complete lack of remorse he has shown since. There doesn't once seem to have been any report of him saying he was really sorry and regretted his actions. His compationate leave to save his marriage was only taken after he had played a couple of important games for his club and he went to Dubai only when they had the relatively easy home cup tie.

Maybe had he shown remorse then there would be considerably less boos tonight. Unfortunately, he is either guilty of his own hype or has been very badly advised by his close circle.

I hope England stuff Egypt 7-2 with both the Egyptian goals being down to mistakes by Terry.

Obviously there is going to be a considerable sound of booing tonight if this poll is an indicator.

What will the Egyptions think of home fans roundly jeering their own player? Bewildering, I would imagine.
And what if it goes on and on, as I think it will - could Terry get subbed in shame under the sound of the England 'voters' registering their displeasure?

This may be a first in an England game, where a player could get hounded off the pitch by his own team's supporters.
Even Beckham got vilified for his sending-off v Argies, which went on for years too - but are we going to have to witness that all over again for Terry?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
This is going to be embarrassing. Rather than move on, let's all do everything we can to destabilise the squad and heap even more pressure on a bunch of players who are always tiptoeing around their England duties in the fear of being hounded by the press and the fans anyway. Let's do our bit to pile the pressure on one of our key players. f*** it, let's boo the whole f***ing team. They're all vile footballing scum anyway. I hope they lose every game for the next four months so my world cup is ruined and then I can boo them till my lungs pop inside out and flop onto my chest. f***ing footballers.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do not think there will be any boo's for Terry. Never mind.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Those Egyptians are ugly feckers

:laugh:

Oh and

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He looks so f***ing miserable and uncomfortable at the moment. It's horrible viewing. I think he should take a few weeks off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here