Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to Wembley tomorrow night - do we boo Terry?

If you were at Wembley tomorrow night would you boo John Terry?

• Yes

Votes: 64 40.8%
  • No

Votes: 93 59.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We've lost Wayne Bridge from the England squad as a direct result of John Terrys penis.
OK, so thats an unhelpful loss rather than a disastrous one. However, playing Devils Advocate here, what if "JT" had been climbing all over a recently estranged Colleen, and as a direct result, Mr Rooney decided he couldn't stand being on the same continent as him, let alone the same squad ?

Swap the personnel who we lose from the squad over this kind of thing, and the self-same offence committed by Terry suddenly becomes a LOT less forgivable, aye ?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Wembley Park station (Jubilee Line).
Took me about 20 minutes from leaving my seat in the stadium at the final whistle, to being on the tube and on my way (crowd of around 70k that night). They've expanded the station, so its a doddle getting away these days. Well, it was in my experience.

Thought i'd got lost amongst the main thrust of the thread...nice one, cheers for that.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'm going tonight and much as I want to boo JT - I'll respect the views of those who have called for us to keep quiet. All those people on here who say it's private matter.
It's not. It affects the England team directly. If it didn't then you'd be right.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We've lost Wayne Bridge from the England squad as a direct result of John Terrys penis.
OK, so thats an unhelpful loss rather than a disastrous one. However, playing Devils Advocate here, what if "JT" had been climbing all over a recently estranged Colleen, and as a direct result, Mr Rooney decided he couldn't stand being on the same continent as him, let alone the same squad ?

Swap the personnel who we lose from the squad over this kind of thing, and the self-same offence committed by Terry suddenly becomes a LOT less forgivable, aye ?

Spot on squire, spot on....

I would rather have Bridge in the squad than Terry

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
But booing John Terry's not just about what's been going on with Wayne Bridge's ex. It's the parking in a disabled space, taunting of US tourists after 9/11, frequent haranguing of referees etc.

What made Bridgegate even worse was how he had previously been trying to portray himself as some kind of family man who had changed his ways.

Terry represents a lot of what is wrong with modern footballers and booing him doesn't seem out of place to me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the real problem is that it only take 1000 or so to boo and it will sound really loud, when most people won't. That was the problem with lampard. I got into a big argument with someone at a match over this. His only argument for doing it was that he hated Lampard cos he'd left West Ham. Twat.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I would rather have Bridge in the squad than Terry

:wozza:

So, you would rather have an average left back who turned in one of the most abysmal performances ever seen in an England shirt (v Croatia) over the captain of one of the most sucessful English clubs this decade, who has captained his side to two Premier Leagues, who has also been named in the FIFA world 11 and been consistently one of the best centre halves in the world for the bast 6 or 7 years?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
:wozza:

So, you would rather have an average left back who turned in one of the most abysmal performances ever seen in an England shirt (v Croatia) over the captain of one of the most sucessful English clubs this decade, who has captained his side to two Premier Leagues, who has also been named in the FIFA world 11 and been consistently one of the best centre halves in the world for the bast 6 or 7 years?

Yep, Terry is vastly over rated.

This stuff was never our business, except for the newspapers revelling in it as 'fodder' for the masses. Those who boo will just be announcing the fact that they love that swill.

I personally can understand, now that I know the story, how one bloke can refuse to be around the other - but I really don't want it to affect my football team. Booing will be affecting my team.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

the difference being that rooney would probably just flatten the twatt and get on with it........wayne bridge has made what he considers to be the best decision for all concerned......no-one on here has the right to second guess him or (unless they have 40 odd england caps under their belt) BOO john terry ...........some of you absolutely amaze me.:eek:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Yep, Terry is vastly over rated.

So the following list of people don't know what they are talking about?

- His fellow professionals - PFA player of the year 2004-05
- FIFA - FIFA World Cup Team of the Tournament: 2006,
FIFPro World XI: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- UEFA - UEFA Club Football Awards Best Defender: 2005, 2008, 2009
UEFA Team of the Year: 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009

Oh, and all but one of these have come when he has been captain of Chelsea;

UEFA Champions League

Runner-up: 2008
Premier League

Champion: 2004–05, 2005–06
Runner-up: 2003–04, 2006–07, 2007–08
FA Cup

Winner: 2000, 2007, 2009
Runner-up: 2002
Football League Cup

Winner: 2005, 2007
Runner-up: 2008
FA Community Shield

Winner: 2005, 2009
Runner-up: 2006

That is an awful lot of people who seem to rate him and an awful lot of medals that prove this rating....

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

Good point well made. Terry has lost his `role model` status (if it survived previous indiscretions anyway) and I don't think I would encourage my 13 year old son to try to emulate John Terry when he grows up. However that's different to actually booing him. I don't think I would - but if he does get booed I certainly wouldn't admonish those doing the booing. It might help him realise the fans have had enough of footballers who think they can do exactly what they like with no comeback. (and my concern there is far more about trying to silence the media and flogging off his free England seats than shagging Bridge's missus.)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If you're planning on booing him, don't bother turning up.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
some would say 'I've paid 40 quid for the ticket'

I am entitled to do what I want (within reason and the law
of course).

I have booed England at Wembley. In fact I recall shouting much personal abuse at Bobby Robson during a particlulalryt horrific display (beaten 3-1, and we were lucky!) against the Soviet Uniion at Frankfurt in the 1988 european Championships.

I pay for the privilege of watching them. if they don't come up to scratch I am entitled to let them know.

AAnd yes, I have booed the Albion off the field many times.
and again after a partucllary inept 0-0 v Sweden in 1989.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
İbrahim Tatlıses;3382566 said:
I would suggest to people to stop caring about what happens in these celebrities lives and start concentrating on the football. Most of it is utter bullshit designed to line the pockets of Murdoch, Clifford and all the other ***** of that breed anyway

Spot on

FOOTBALL is all I care about

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
On the one hand the guy is clearly a twat, has always been a thug, and he plays for Chelsea.

On the other hand, he is probably our best central defender, and with Ferdinand struglling for fitness we need all hands to the pump.

So should we boo him?

Poll to follow.
If you're an england fan , you are a complete and utter cock to even be asking that question, you sound about 14 , how old are you ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here