Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

going to london

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Gotta agree with you about Manzes! Never been to the Goddards across the road. Not much call for me to be in Deptford much now, so wasn't sure if they were both still there. As for Greenwich, I try and avoid it coz its full of foreign tourists and bloody day trippers from Sussex with their teenage kids:dunce:
If I am going eating or drinking in that area, it is Blackheath village for me.

too right mate. I am often in the Railway.

Went to Chapter 2 the other day (or whatever its called now since the revamp) and was very good indeed. Much less stuck up than it used to be. recommended.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Another vote for a walk along the South Bank from the Eye towards Tower Bridge, literally historical views; South Bank Complex and Tate Modern to hand if you are Arty.

If you are a Foodie Borough Market is an excellent place to wander about and it also has the Market Porter if you like proper beer:drink:

Yup, a full day out, that, all of it good and most of it free :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Another vote for a walk along the South Bank from the Eye towards Tower Bridge, literally historical views; South Bank Complex and Tate Modern to hand if you are Arty.

If you are a Foodie Borough Market is an excellent place to wander about and it also has the Market Porter if you like proper beer:drink:

The market is only open to the public from Thursdays to Saturday.

Even the bleeding heart liberal Clapham elite have to work during the week to pay for their Organic Peruvian Buffalo Chedder.

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
hi all and thanks for all the ideas, we ended up spending tues afternoon mooching around covent garden , then an early dinner followed by the "we will rock you" show at the dominium . weds morn, walk along south bank ,onto the london eye (superb day for that ),walk over westminster bridge and up to the palace then to the natural history museum , (unfortunatly nowhere near enough time in the museum ) now home typing this with an ice cold stella < nice !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here