Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

going into the palace game..............

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have a look at the award winning snow thread....

Will the match be on?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last season = hot favourites at Amex = hurt more when we lost

This season = big underdogs at Selhurst = not as much hurt if / when we lose PLUS we'll know we still have a chance of putting things right at home.

Don't personally enjoy watchnig these games - too nervous - going Charlton instead where I can chill a little more :)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Last season = hot favourites at Amex = hurt more when we lost

This season = big underdogs at Selhurst = not as much hurt if / when we lose PLUS we'll know we still have a chance of putting things right at home.

Agree with this, there was a real feeling last year that we could and should have beaten them. The number of games in the previous few days (think Palace was our 3rd in the 6 days) didn't help, but after the first 20 minutes of battering them, we were out on our legs for the rest of the game and offered nothing else.

I would happily take a point next weekend, no doubt. Hoping they are still on their unbeaten run though as those sorts of things tend to weigh heavily on a side going into a game like this and would serve as massive motivation to our team to be the ones to end that run.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I still love the underdog mentality , nobody expects anything from you and it leaves them surprised when we show we can play (well once in a while)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
sheebo we cant afford to lose away to the scum or otherwise we wont hear the last of it

Man up!!!! If we win we win if we lose we lose if we draw we draw Simples
If we win we give them stick
If we lose they'll give us stick if that happens you'll have to take it on the chin and hope we beat them at the Amex next year

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
"Palace must be the favourites for this one.

Playing at home, on an unbeaten home run since August, scoring loads of goals, having the third best player on the planet , being roared on by a huge home following..................... ... oh hold on."

Guys you have to drop this obsession with the fact you get bigger gates than us. When you were in a shit hole of a ground in the Withdean, you were getting gates of 5k...now you've have a quality stadium and suddently an extra 20k plastic bangwagons from nowhere turn up.

Selhurst is a dump and I'd love to move...if we did, our gates would go up but we still have to compete with other London clubs for support. In Brighton, your catchment area is bigger and you are the only club.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
On form we should win comfortably, but in these high profile games form goes out of the window......

But we're unbeaten in 5, so not really. Form would suggest a NARROW win for you or a draw are the most likely outcomes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I dont think any palace think we will win this comfortably.

About 3 Palace fans in just THIS thread alone have said you should win comfortably.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
On form we should win comfortably, but in these high profile games form goes out of the window......

Why should you win comfortably? Who do you think we are, Accrington Stanley?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Playing at home, on an unbeaten home run since August, scoring loads of goals, having the third best player on the planet , being roared on by a huge home following..................... ... oh hold on."

Guys you have to drop this obsession with the fact you get bigger gates than us. When you were in a shit hole of a ground in the Withdean, you were getting gates of 5k...now you've have a quality stadium and suddently an extra 20k plastic bangwagons from nowhere turn up.

Selhurst is a dump and I'd love to move...if we did, our gates would go up but we still have to compete with other London clubs for support. In Brighton, your catchment area is bigger and you are the only club.

Dropped your gaurd there.. :lolol:

I'd be more worried about the fans you have lost since 1979 than us,we have appeared to lost only a few 1000 on the gates of the time,meanwhile palace followers are becoming a rarity.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
About 3 Palace fans in just THIS thread alone have said you should win comfortably.

Only to get a reaction from the likes of you mellotron . I'm sure it's all said in jest otherwise they could look silly and foolish if they get bumped . Very similar , in fact , to a lot of your smug postings on the BBS now being bumped to everyone's amusement :blush:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Only to get a reaction from the likes of you mellotron . I'm sure it's all said in jest otherwise they could look silly and foolish if they get bumped . Very similar , in fact , to a lot of your smug postings on the BBS now being bumped to everyone's amusement :blush:

They're quite obviously not joking.

Unlike the MASSIVE amount of smug posts from Palace fans about how 2nd Season Syndrome was DEFINITELY going to kick in. Definitely. When's that happening again? Dimwits. Brilliant.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

We are obsessed with you, from ANOTHER thicket who chooses to register on NSC and have countless willy waving contests.

Priceless :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here