Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going for Italian tonight - What should I have?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Going to Villa Adriana for Italian tonight - what should I go for?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
pasta & cornetto for dessert....next!

;)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Italian food is BORING.
Have a bottle of overpriced lager while you wait, then go for a MEXICAN.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Easy 10 said:
Italian food is BORING.
Have a bottle of overpriced lager while you wait, then go for a MEXICAN.

I've no choice - it's my Grans birthday

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Tricolore for starters, light, healthy and tasty

Fillet steak (med/rare) with a gorgonzola sauce, seasonal fresh veg

Tiramisu for dessert

double esspresso and a hazlenut liquer (franchelico I think) and a few Kent cigarettes

job done

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
chips and gravy said:
I've no choice - it's my Grans birthday
I'm sorry to hear that.
Italian food has to be the most overpriced, overrated, bland, dull food on the planet. A plate of pasta in a cheese sauce with some green bits sprinkled on the top will set you back at least £7.95 at most Italian restaurants. It looks and tastes no better than something straight out of a tin.

And don't even get me STARTED on those piss-poor "thin crust" pizzas.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Easy 10 said:
I'm sorry to hear that.
Italian food has to be the most overpriced, overrated, bland, dull food on the planet. A plate of pasta in a cheese sauce with some green bits sprinkled on the top will set you back at least £7.95 at most Italian restaurants. It looks and tastes no better than something straight out of a tin.

And don't even get me STARTED on those piss-poor "thin crust" pizzas.

I think I'll avoid the macaroni cheese then!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Easy ten . . . .you've probably picked the worst possible examples
to slate Italian with, for a start Pizza isn't italian.

Good Italian food is fantastic, but there arent many good Italian restaurants in or around Brighton. like any other cuisine, its down to the ingredients, you dont make a proper italian cheese sauce with Irish cheddar from Somerfield !

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Got to go for the meatier options.

A good bit of Veal is a nice option, never pasta because that is defentely a waste of money. I normally have calamari or summink to start followed by a meat dish.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
zefarelly said:
Easy ten . . . .you've probably picked the worst possible examples
to slate Italian with, for a start Pizza isn't italian.
True, but it does take up an awfully large SLAB of most Italian restaurants' menu. And the pizza's I have seen (and suffered myself) at these restaurants have, without fail, been utter crap.

Good Italian food is fantastic, but there arent many good Italian restaurants in or around Brighton. like any other cuisine, its down to the ingredients, you dont make a proper italian cheese sauce with Irish cheddar from Somerfield !
Maybe you're right, but I can only go by my own experience. I've had to go to Topolino's in Hove, Donatello's, Zizzi's (Haywards Heath), plus some other one just off St James Street who's name escapes me. Each and every occasion, the meal has been (a) bloody expensive, and (b) no better than something I could knock up in my own kitchen in half an hour.

I now have a hissy fit any time I am invited on a meal out to an Italian for a birthday or whatever. Give me Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Steakhouse, Thai, Greek, Spanish. Give me ANYTHING but Italian.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If they do it i have mussel for start or calamari.

Main Veal with spaghetti is a personal fave of mine.

By the way I bloody love italian food, its my favorite type of eat out food.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Appia in Storrington does a lovely Garlic Snails starter, and a pretty good Calamares Livornese, and their pizzas and pastas are all excellent.

I quite like,mmmm snails......

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
On the rare occasions we go for a pizza I resent every penny. Cost of ingredients - 50p. Skill in preparation - none. I am just about able to console myself that looking at the West Pier from Alfresco's is worth it.

Any the pasta looks even worse value for money.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Go inexpensive,

Dont get Venison, its Dear!!!

Got me coat!!

Superphil said:
Appia in Storrington does a lovely Garlic Snails starter, and a pretty good Calamares Livornese, and their pizzas and pastas are all excellent.

I quite like,mmmm snails......
Snails! You people really are sick, we've had rabbit, dried pigs blood, balls bulls already today now snails! :nono: :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here