chilavertsak.jpg

Jose Luis Chilavert

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
brighton2win said:
Ben Roberts
Very funny. With only just over 100 league games, not many managers agree. And I am not going to either.

My faves (in no particular order) would be Schmeichel, Banks, Shilton, Clemence. Peter Cech is pretty good, although it does help having a decent defence in front of you. Paul Robinson is superb as well, much better than people give him credit for.

Pagliuca and Buffon were over-rated. In fact, Zoff aside I don't recall too many decent Italian keepers. The previous Pope made a few saves, but not as good as that other Polish goalie, Jan Tomasecki.

For Brighton, Kuipers is still my all time favourite keeper tha I have seen play, followed by Eric Steele. Graham Moseley always made me nervous, and Perry Digweed only had a couple of good seasons. I though Beasant had some of his best games as a goalie with us.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
Very funny. With only just over 100 league games, not many managers agree. And I am not going to either.

My faves (in no particular order) would be Schmeichel, Banks, Shilton, Clemence. Peter Cech is pretty good, although it does help having a decent defence in front of you. Paul Robinson is superb as well, much better than people give him credit for.

Pagliuca and Buffon were over-rated. In fact, Zoff aside I don't recall too many decent Italian keepers. The previous Pope made a few saves, but not as good as that other Polish goalie, Jan Tomasecki.

For Brighton, Kuipers is still my all time favourite keeper tha I have seen play, followed by Eric Steele. Graham Moseley always made me nervous, and Perry Digweed only had a couple of good seasons. I though Beasant had some of his best games as a goalie with us.

Nothing to do with the fact he was injuried or behind a very good keeper at boro

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
The Large One said:

you're from the same era as me.......what about England's no.1....Joe Corrigan????

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Has to be Lev Yashin. Only goalkeeper to be European footballer of the year and, I believe, the only person to play in five world cup finals.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
KinkyGoebels said:
Nothing to do with the fact he was injuried or behind a very good keeper at boro

And Charlton. And Luton. And Reading.

Ben Roberts' best game at Withdean was when Brighton beat Reading 3-1 on a bog of a pitch - a result which pissed Alan Pardew off so much, he confidently predicted Reading winning the championship and Brighton missing out on the play-offs.

:tosser:

Roberts, incidentally, was in goal for Reading that night. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pat Jennings by a margin for me

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Saw Eric Gill mentioned.He was just finishing as I started going to the Goldstone,and his record suggests he was outstanding.

Still think Dave Hollins was the best.We sold him to Newcastle and I think he saved a Spurs penalty in his first game.

Welsh International (with us,I think.)

So nobody's perfect!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here