Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goalkeepers,best ever

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
I will never forget Gillinghams fourth when he fell over running backwards.

My good friend who was a Walsall fan said he is the worst keeper ever to don the Saddlers No. 1 Jersey.

Do you not recall Marneys miss just before that - put that away 3-3 and that would not have happened - I assume you were not at Ipswich were he pulled of a dozen wonder saves

E

enigma

Gianluca Pagliuca
Gianluigi Buffon

Kinky surely you dont mean Robinson is the best around right now? He's the best English keeper but nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
KinkyGoebels said:
Do you not recall Marneys miss just before that - put that away 3-3 and that would not have happened - I assume you were not at Ipswich were he pulled of a dozen wonder saves

I was at that. The mistakes stand out. He wasnt a good keeper in my opinion, which is why he has never held down a place in one club for long.

168 appearances at 19 Clubs says it all

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
BarrelofFun said:
I was at that. The mistakes stand out. He wasnt a good keeper in my opinion, which is why he has never held down a place in one club for long.

168 appearances at 19 Clubs says it all

anyone know where's he at these days??

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
enigma said:
Gianluca Pagliuca
Gianluigi Buffon

Kinky surely you dont mean Robinson is the best around right now? He's the best English keeper but nothing more.

I ment best English - and if he sorted out crossing he wouldnt be far off the best

E

enigma

KinkyGoebels said:
I ment best English - and if he sorted out crossing he wouldnt be far off the best

Ah ok. Yeah he is, by a mile. He's not far off world class, can't believe spurs got him so cheap-great deal.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
From the Albion.......1) Dave Hollins 2) Brian Powney,though a bit on the short side to be truly great, 3) Rusty.

From elsewhere...........Banks,Yashin,Jennings,Schmeikel(how do you spell that?) and that South American bloke who scores penalties and free kicks and whose name eludes me .Someone will know!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...was the south american Rene Higuita (Colombian), the one who donkey kicked a ball from behind him at Wembley?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Oooooooo....missed just about every Jock keeper.....and oooops Gary Sprake.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Biscuit said:
Yashin was smashing...

Big Lev has to be the best keeper of all time inmy book as wel. the bloke was awsome in his day.

Yoda

English & European
withdeanwombat said:
that South American bloke who scores penalties and free kicks and whose name eludes me .Someone will know!

Jose Luis Chilavert :)
chilavertsak.jpg

Last edited:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Gully said:
I believe Schmeichels' son is also a keeper (may be called something like Kasper), if he is half as good as the old man then he will be pretty decent too, was wondering if he was born in England and might qualify for us in addition to Denmark (if he is any good of course!).

I think he's already played for Denmark.

If not a full international,deffinatly for the U-21's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here